The other three Indians: Saina Nehwal, PV Sindhu and Kidambi Srikanth. Thus India added their name to the illustrious list of three other countries who have seen representation from same nation in a men's singles final - China, Indonesia and Denmark. Srikanth then showed why he is considered one of the best Indian shuttlers right now, fighting back from 4-9 down in the opening game to never look back.
Srikanth, who reached his first Super Series final ever since his India Open win two years ago, said he could not capitalise on the chances. It was Praneeth's all round play and array of strokes that pinned his rival down. "It feels great to be in Super Series final for the first time".
Meanwhile in the match played later, Srikanth started the contest slowly and carefully to trail early on by 41.
There are new Indian players beating some real tough contenders on the worldwide platform.
"But I'm happy with the way I played throughout the week". However, that did not stop the 24 year-old from showing his sportsmanship.
Meanwhile, in the women's final, World No. 1 Tai Tzu Ying maintained her supremacy by taming the World and Olympic champion Carolina Marin 21-15, 21-15.
Reddy and Ponnappa couldn't mount a challenge against Chinese third seeded pair Lu Kai and Huang Yaqiong, who took only 27 minutes to win 21-11, 21-8. A tough journey But just like the final, the journey to the title was also not that straight forward for the world number 30.
"We have been practising for the past so many years (at the P Gopichand Academy in Hyderabad)". He gathered many points on Praneeth's forehand with his brilliant returns. "I began to get back my game. It's the reason why I have this medal today". I think game wise he has many things going for him but he has to focus on his training.
It was close till five-all in the first game.
- Trump administration issues final rule on stricter Obamacare enrollment
- 21st Century Fox investigating O'Reilly harassment claims
- Arsenal fans blast players after Palace loss
- Harden Has 37 Points, Rockets Rout Thunder 118-87
- United to refund ticket cost to Flight 3411 passengers
- Apple Predicted To Ditch iPhone 8 Display-Embedded Fingerprint Scanner Like Samsung
- Donald Trump explained United States position on THAAD to Xi Jinping: South Korea
- Bucks beat Raptors 97-83 in opening game
- Celtics nail down top seed in Eastern Conference
- Stockholm truck attack suspect confesses to 'terrorist crime'