The Barbadian beauty followed-up her 2015 furry-yellow look with an equally quizzical style at this year's Mat Gala.
Pop star Katy snatched the limelight early on by wearing an extravagant red gown fitted with a trailing veil.
However, Rihanna has once again proved that she absolutely owns both the red carpet and the internet after stepping out in a larger-than-life dress which paid homage to the Rei Kawakuba/Comme des Garcons: Art of the In-Between theme.
Kim Kardashian West came in an minimalistic white dress by Vivienne Westwood, without her husband Kanye.
Kylie Jenner's familiar ensemble.
Jenner was joined by sisters Kendall and Kim at the annual fashion ball, seated at the same table as Rihanna and Donatella Versace.
But the top-seeded pro had the added challenge of navigating the red carpet while pregnant, not always when some women feel at their most gorgeous, especially in the first few months. Her thong bodysuit underneath was hand-painted onto her curves. Sofia Sanchez de Betak went for a CDG cropped bolero jacket with shorts accentuated by dramatic fabric on the hips, and Tracee Ellis Ross opted for a royal blue silk jacquard dress with exaggerated proportions.
She joined Tom Brady and his wife Gisele Bundchen and Vogue boss Anna Wintour among this year's co-chairs.
A Snapchat photo of Ms. Johnson, taken by British singer Rita Ora and obtained by the Daily Mail newspaper, shows the "50 Shades" star lighting up a cigarette in what appears to be a smoke-filled bathroom.
Because, if there is one place you and your bae want to show off it's the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Benefit - where OTT fashion is nearly a prerequisite.
Her longtime hairstylist Mara Roszak, a big fan of Comme des Garcons, took inspiration from Rei Kawakubo's innovative spirit.
The 2016 gala raised around $13.5 million and tickets for this year's edition were reportedly $30,000 a head.
- Kenny Miller wants Rangers to bounce back following heavy derby defeat
- Macron defeats Le Pen to become youngest president of France
- Canelo vs. GGG Officially Announced for Sept 16th
- See the New Wonder Woman Trailer Unveiled at MTV Movie & TV Awards
- Determined Ducks aim for different result vs. Oilers
- China's Xi congratulates Macron on French election win
- The real problem with the US Health Care Bill
- IPL 10 has been our worst season, says RCB's Travis Head
- Trump signs $1 trillion spending bill keeping government open
- Trump congratulates Emmanuel Macron for 'big win' in French election