"I feel really, really sorry for them", said United manager Jose Mourinho, whose first reaction at fulltime was to console rival manager Eduardo Berizzo rather than celebrate with his players or United fans.
A win in that game will ensure the club qualify for next seasons Champions League.
"Hopefully Crystal Palace don't need (anything from) the last game because I am going to make a lot of changes".
Ajax's season finishes on Sunday, giving them 10 days to prepare for the final.
Following the win, four-time European champions Ajax will meet three-time continental champions United in the May 24 final in Stockholm.
Leading 1-0 from last week's first leg in Vigo, United doubled their advantage in the 17th minute when Marcus Rashford crossed for Marouane Fellaini to head home.
"In my personal analysis, I don't think that way". And if he doesn't play the final, he has to play the remaining matches in the Premier League and give rest to some of the others.
"They were completely free of responsibility and gave us a very hard match".
"Traditionally there is a fierce rivalry and they had always a very direct game against us", Wenger said.
Mourinho accepts it could well be seen as a season-defining match, but believes the groundwork put in during this taxing first season means the campaign has been a success already. Three minutes later, Guidetti failed to score on one final chance inside the box.
United boss Jose Mourinho has already selected the goalkeeper to start ahead of final clash with Ajax as he has two world-class stoppers to choose from. They're also now without their best defender too, thanks to Eric Bailly's moment of madness in the closing stages of the Celta Vigo game on Thursday night, which sees him suspended. We had a fantastic record of 25 matches.
"He's confrontational, the team don't play great football, they draw too many games and everyone is exhausted of the boring football. The history of this club dictates that in every competition we fight until the end".
Skomina was the man in the middle for Chelsea's Champions League match against Dynamo Kiev, in what turned out to be a goalless draw.
Manchester United and Ajax have played each other four times competitively, with both claiming two wins apiece.
- Ducks vow better start for Game 2
- Kershaw solid over 7, Dodgers beat Rockies 6-2
- Kelly Oubre apologizes for actions during Game 3
- Wenger dismisses latest plane protest as Arsenal boost Champions League hopes
- Experts predict instability in the legislature after BC election
- Leonard cleared to play for Spurs against Warriors in game one
- NHS cyber attack aftermath likely to last a number of days
- Acting FBI Director Contradicts The Media
- Betsy DeVos Booed During Commencement Speech, Grads Turn Backs
- Argentina defender Pablo Zabaleta leaving Manchester City at end of season