GUARDIANS of the Galaxy Vol 2, the sequel to the record-breaking blockbuster, starts showing in the Xtreme and VIP cinemas at Nu Metro The Glen (and other cinemas nationwide) from Friday, May 5. Following the catastrophic events of the first film in which Groot sacrifices himself to save the Guardians, the sequel sees the powerful tree alien as a baby sapling, changing the dynamic between the five heroes.
"So, after many months of ruminations and discussions, I know the answer". The Marvel PEZ assortment has been updated to include Rocket and Groot in addition to Marvel favorites Spider-Man, Iron Man and Captain America. Star-Lord can't fly or shoot webs out of his hand... "I think that there could be a Guardians Vol. 4, but it would not be the same".
Directed and written by James Gunn, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is produced by Marvel Studios' president, Kevin Feige, with Louis D'Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Jonathan Schwartz, Nik Korda and Stan Lee serving as executive producers.
Groot, who only says three words in the films - "I am Groot" - is the hired muscle and sidekick of Rocket Racoon, voiced by Bradley Cooper.
In addition to being a regular Marvel Easter Egg, it's always been theorized by fervent fans that #StanLee has portrayed the same character in each film - and it's not himself.
Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn has hinted at an Armageddon convention appearance later this year.
The Guardians will next be inserted into Marvel's wider superhero narrative with an appearance in "Avengers: Infinity War", while Gunn revealed on Facebook last week that he would be back to write and direct the threequel. It's a fun piece of film promotion that, like the movie itself, is good and authentic without taking itself too seriously. "I know from experience how hard it can be for an actor to do a big dramatic scene on a stage in a blue void or a green void".
- Trump and Erdogan to work toward finding Syria consensus
- Attack should be wake-up call for govts
- Why Democrats Won't Take Yes For An Answer On Comey
- Jose Mourinho praises match-winner Marcus Rashford
- President Trump is making it hard for his defenders
- Commodities Are Stable, Crude Oil Rose to 3-Week Highs
- Real Madrid beat Atletico to advance to 2017 UEFA Champions League final
- Donald Trump Says James Comey 'Should Have Never Exonerated' Hillary Clinton
- Nadal cruises into Madrid final
- Donald Trump Threatens James Comey, Implies He Taped Conversations