And Michy Batshuayi who scored the goal last Friday which put a seal on Chelsea's Premier League title, tapped in a third shortly after half time.
Conte, who claimed three Serie A titles as Juventus coach, has restored Chelsea to the winners' circle by rebuilding from the chaotic end of Jose Mourinho's second reign. The most important thing was we won. "To find the right solution quickly wasn't easy. For this reason we try to keep the best players".
"Antonio did a great job in every sense: dealing with the team, his rapport with the outside world and relations with the media. We are champions. It's another one in the cabinet".
"The beauty of football: a player who didn't play a lot scores the winning goal for the championship".
West Brom offered the odd counter-attack but the one-way traffic continued after the break as Victor Moses was denied by a splendid low save by Ben Foster. When Chelsea used this formation they were not playing well in it, and it was not getting the best out of their full backs or their front three.
For Conte, it was also the opportunity to give some of his shadow squad game time, with the likes of Thibaut Courtois and Nemanja Matic given the night off and Diego Costa, Fabregas, Pedro, Gary Cahill and Marcos Alonso on the bench.
Terry, Chelsea's emblematic skipper, will end his 22-year association with the club at the end of the season and seems certain to start at least one of their final two games.
The striker, a £33million signing from Marseille last summer, had been demonstrating fragile confidence.
The final minutes were interrupted by some scuffling in the stands but nothing could dampen Chelsea's joy.
"I am very angry because everything is happening in the same positions". This is a dream that has come true.
Chelsea celebrated a 14th victory in 15 home games amid blue and silver streamers on its return to Stamford Bridge after sealing the title.
Terry had somewhat of a rollercoaster game against Watford as he opened the scoring, before being at fault for the equaliser just moments later, but he was pleased to be handed a rare start. Chelsea last won the domestic double in the 2009-10 season under former manager Carlo Ancelotti.
- Xi: New initiative needs to reject protectionism
- North Korea: New long-range missile can carry heavy nuke
- Sing up, Chelsea... Captain Cahill, Batman and Dave won the Premier League
- Kenyan runner narrowly misses breaking marathon record
- Spurs embarrass Rockets, advance to face Warriors
- Liverpool: Sturridge happy to play his part
- President Trump is making it hard for his defenders
- All eyes on Sean Hannity after departure of Fox News co-president
- Ransomware attack hit 200000 in at least 150 countries
- Jose Mourinho praises match-winner Marcus Rashford