Volvo and Audi are looking to do more with Android in its forthcoming connected vehicles, the companies announced on Monday ahead of this week's Google I/O developer conference. Most notably, 9to5Google has discovered new buttons in Allo that allow you to place Duo calls right inside the app.
Volvo Cars partners with Google to build Android into next generation connected cars.
Further details on the partnership and Android OS will be announced at Google's annual tech show, Google I/O on May 17. As Google Allo is really awesome and the Google Assistant is even more which acts like your virtual assistant who will remember your preferences in seconds and answer your query is seconds. In fact, both the upcoming Volvo V90 station wagon and the upcoming Audi Q8 crossover will be on hand at Google I/O to showcase the technology. Brady said Google was not taking any critical vehicle tracking information with the new system. At least initially, the app would only be available to iOS users in the United States.
5- previous year the company announced its Daydream platform along with the Daydream View VR headset.
The company will also likely talk about less exciting products like Hangouts, which recently became an enterprise product. The app update is also listing possible Google Assistant integration from third party companies, assuming the string, "device_type_google_assistant_speaker" is the giveaway.
Then there are projects we most certainly won't hear anything exciting about. But we do know that this tie-up is something separate to Google's existing car-focused product, Android Auto, which has gained growing support among vehicle manufacturers over the past couple of years - including with Volvo and Audi. Also the Chromecast Ultra launched in October, so it's unlikely we'll get any new streaming devices.
- Hull completes trio of northeast clubs relegated from EPL
- Fidget Spinners a Hot Product for Flipo Wholesale
- Beal helps Wizards even series with Celtics
- Alphabet's Waymo Teams Up With Lyft on Self-Driving Cars
- Wizards, Celtics meet in Game 7
- Plainfield: Happy Mother's Day
- WannaCry Malware Cyber-Attack Continues
- Melissa McCarthy, as Sean Spicer, rides her podium through NY
- Jilted Indian lover rapes, kills ex-girlfriend
- Courtois: People were laughing at Chelsea last season