"I will tell you that what he did, what Comey did, had good moments for me as a candidate".
Sean Spicer, White House Press Secretary, in his press briefing, denied that President threatened the former FBI Director.
Sanders, the daughter of former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, said she has since had that conversation with Trump, and he laid out his decision-making process clearly.
Donald Trump has said he could nominate a new Federal Bureau of Investigation director to replace James Comey as early as next week.
"That I can't talk about. Manchin and everyone else who have been briefed on this have been very clear there was no collusion with respect to the president himself and no investigation there", Spicer added.
Later, the president said he had been considering firing Comey for a while, and Rosenstein's recommendation sealed the deal.
The president, who has been angered by continuing news coverage of the Russian Federation investigation, also threatened to cancel press briefings as his communications team faced criticism for issuing different versions of the decision to fire Mr Comey. "We were in the depleted side, to put it mildly", he said, according to a White House pool report.
Trump also said that at the dinner, he and Comey discussed whether the USA top cop would stay in his role and continue his ten-year term.
Trump told reporters on Saturday he could decide Comey's successor as early as next week, before he leaves for Saudi Arabia, Israel, Palestine and Rome - his first foreign travel as president.
Before Comey tapped him to lead the Richmond office in 2014, he was chief of the Public Corruption and Civil Rights Section, investigating some of the highest profile cases against government officials and civil rights violations in recent years.
Sessions forwarded Rosenstein's memo to Trump and recommended that he remove Comey from his role.
Furious with the news coverage of the White House's shifting explanations on Comey's sacking, Trump suggested the media was wrong to expect his spokespeople to be 100 percent accurate.
Trump, in an NBC interview on Thursday, said that he had been intending to fire Comey - whom he derided as a "showboat" and "grandstander" - for months and that it had nothing to do with an investigation into potential ties between his campaign and Russian Federation. But Trump then said Thursday he had planned to fire Comey regardless.
Trump said that in those conversations Comey told him he wasn't under investigation.
- Ramos warns Higuain 'sparks will fly' in Champions League final
- Donald Trump did not threaten FBI Director James Comey: White House
- Ransomware Attack Hits Businesses Across The World
- Massive ransomware attack infects computers in over 100 countries, including India
- Warriors' Green: Celtics' Olynyk dirty player
- WannaCry Ransomware: Microsoft Calls Out NSA For 'Stockpiling' Vulnerabilities
- Rising Pune Supergiant v Kings XI Punjab - IPL 2017
- China offers billions for new Silk Road initiative
- Experts warn of another cyber-attack as the new week gets underway
- It appears BC has its first minority government in 65 years