The return of Jose Mourinho as Chelsea boss a year later brought with it a switch to left-back and the displacement of club legend Ashley Cole. "I wish him and his family the best". Ruben is a really good player.
And, even though fans everywhere have started showing signs of increasing weariness at these exhausted tactics, the mind games played by managers seem to have become part of the job. Terry, when announcing he would sever tier with Chelsea after 22 years, had initially targeted seeking more regular first-team football elsewhere, though he has hinted he may now review that decision.
Yet after the Watford match Terry said retirement was one of the options he is considering.
However, Terry, capped 78 times by England, admitted Sunday's home game against relegated Sunderland - where a win would see Chelsea become the first Premier League champions to win 30 games in a 38 match campaign.
John Terry scored for a 17th successive Premier League season as the champions eventually triumphed 4-3 courtesy of Cesc Fabregas' late strike.
"When you have this type of player it is great for the coach". Leaving me out of the side was probably a tough decision, but... the honesty, the respect and the communication has been fantastic. "The players and I want to reach this target".
The Blues can break the record by beating Sunderland in Sunday's final league game.
"I was delighted first and foremost to start the game and then to score and win".
The Blues are already halfway to that achievement after wrapping up the Premier League title ahead of their FA Cup final against London rivals Arsenal on May 27.
John Terry has hinted that Sunday's Premier League finale could be his final game as a footballer. "Tottenham were doing well but we had it in our hands and we didn't let it go".
"No, he should absolutely not retire", Conte said.
Former Chelsea striker Chris Sutton, said the club need "four or five quality signings".
"This opportunity keeps our concentration, keeps our focus very high". The Red Devils have a league high wage bill of 232.2 million pounds, but that's only returned a point for every 3.57 million paid out.
The club captain, of course, is John Terry.
- This year's Cannes Film Festival is quaking with change
- 3 adjustments to make in Game 6 — Washington Wizards
- Microsoft was hoarding patches for WannaCry exploit
- Guy Ritchie's 'King Arthur' Looks Like Being A Huge Flop
- Netanyahu first reaction: Abbas lied to Trump
- US would talk to N. Korea if missile, nuclear tests stop
- Sebastian Vettel says 'common passion' is key to positive Lewis Hamilton rivalry
- Most UK patients saw no change on Monday after cyber attack -minister
- Emmanuel Macron appoints centre-right Edouard Philippe as Prime Minister of France
- White House: Trump's morning tweets about Comey 'not a threat'