Check back often for updates on the latest timing and details.
It's another mild morning, skies have dried out overnight and skies will be partly sunny to start off the day. That sunshine will aid in the instability needed for the severe storms to develop later today.
Fri: High: 75 Low: 61 Occasional showers/storms. Thunderstorms continue across the northeast Permian Basin moving northeast at 40 miles per hour.
Forecasters said they expect storms to arrive in the area tonight after 7 p.m.
The National Weather Service's latest tracks of a Severe Thunderstorm, show it moving through Central City towards the Columbus area. Severe thunderstorms can and occasionally do produce tornadoes.&&OTHER WATCH INFORMATION.CONTINUE.WW 220.WW 221.WW 222.WW 224.WW 225.WW 226.WW 227.AVIATION.A few severe thunderstorms with hail surface and aloft to 2 inches.
The Storm Prediction Center says strong wind gusts and large, damaging hail are possible throughout the region. Wind: S 15-25; gusty.
AccuWeather reports following isolated damaging storms Monday night, there will be a heightened risk of risky storms across the central and southern Plains late Tuesday into Wednesday.
Clouds will be slow to burn off Tuesday, leading to mostly cloudy conditions and temperatures slightly cooler than Monday. Flash flooding is always a danger with torrential downpours from severe storms, so be alert in flood prone areas. The chance for large hail, high wind, and heavy rain will continue through the evening, tapering off overnight. Many homes in the Plains are equipped with underground storm cellars, which provide an even greater degree of safety during threatening weather.
As of 5:45 p.m. CDT Tuesday, a thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado is east of Canton, Wisconsin and it is moving east at 35 miles per hour toward Weyerhaeuser, Wisconsin.
- Arsenal not giving up the chase, says Xhaka
- Atletico recognizes it needs to improve to succeed in Europe
- Israel reportedly provided intelligence Trump disclosed to Russian Federation
- C lawmakers react to report Trump shared classified info
- China's Xi says Belt and Road summit reaches consensus, achieves positive outcomes
- Most UK patients saw no change after cyber attack
- X-ray services at Basingstoke hospital hit in NHS cyber attack
- Boston Celtics take Game Seven against the Washington Wizards 115-105
- Katy Perry joins 'American Idol' revival as judge
- Draymond Green says Celtics' Kelly Olynyk is 'a dirty player'