The concert began at 4 p.m., and was hosted by Harry Potter actress Elarica Johnson.
Grammy Award-winning and global pop sensation Justin Bieber arrived in Mumbai around 2 am on Wednesday for his first ever concert in India.
The India concert is the part of Bieber's Purpose World Tour.
"What a lovely night for me as I am here in this attractive country for the first time".
Before hitting the stage in front of 50,000 Indian fans in the packed stadium, the pop star took a bus ride around the city with some adorable children from the slums of Mumbai.
Obviously, Bieber sang all his biggest hits, from Baby to Where Are You Now, threw in a fair bit of acoustic songs, like Love Yourself.
Those who relished the performance included many Bollywood and television actors including Alia Bhatt, Malaika Arora, Jacqueline Fernandez, Arbaaz Khan, and Arjun Bijlani among others. The climactic gig was preceded by opening acts by Sartek, Zaeden and Alan Walker. While everyone was extremely happy and excited to see their singing idol perform, there was one celebrity couple who had to turn back home and miss the concert!
The security was beefed up for the concert and for the artiste.
Bieber landed here on a chartered flight early on Wednesday.
Fortunately for Bieber, who is no stranger to online hate, his legion of loyal fans came to his rescue.
They called it a "low on energy" show and also observed Justin Bieber's lip syncing to many of his songs, which was quite a turn-off. This came as a shock to Beliebers who were eagerly looking forward to catching a glimpse of the star in Agra, Delhi and Jaipur over the next three days. His entourage apart, he has been accompanied by his mother Patricia. Interestingly, the 23-year-old vocalist did a lot of engaging stuff in Mumbai.
- Amazon's Echo Show gives Alexa a face quite literally
- City to offer Touré new deal
- Trump Says in Speech in America We Don't Worship the Government
- Cyber attack could spark lawsuits but not against Microsoft
- Iran reformist drops out of election, supports Rouhani
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders' FBI and Comey tweets haven't aged well
- David Ross is 'Speechless' after tango-ing to 'DWTS' finale
- Let your mother know she's special
- Braves outlast Jays and the hot bats of Pillar, Travis
- WannaCry ransomware may not attack Indian bank ATMs, says cyber security experts