Melissa McCarthy's return to her role as White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer couldn't have come at a newsier time.
The Spicer sketch started off with Sarah Huckabee Sanders, played by "Saturday Night Live" cast member Aidy Bryant, filling in for the White House press secretary. McCarthy's Spicer picks up a column from the set and hurls it at the journalist - then makes Spicer have a crisis of trust of Trump.
Melissa McCarthy parodied the moment that Sean Spicer hid in the White House bushes, inspiring a million memes.
Finally finding Alec Baldwin's president at his golf course in New Jersey, "Spicey" asks whether Trump has knowingly made him say things that are untrue. The two share a passionate embrace before Trump says, "Sean, kiss me".
"I have a wife, I took vows", McCarthy's Spicer answers.
Even setting aside her run as Spicer, Saturday was a landmark episode for McCarthy.
The faux Trump acknowledged he fired FBI Director James Comey because of his investigation into ties between the Trump campaign and Russian Federation, only for Holt to learn that "absolutely nothing matters" when it comes to this president. She's been putting a lot into this episode, even taking it to the streets when earlier this week she was seen dressed as Sean Spicer, driving his podium through the streets of NY.
The sketch next addressed questions over the firing of Comey, amid an ongoing investigation between Trump's links suspected Russian attempts to influence the U.S. election. Because he told us so, period!
"I think I can't do this anymore Mr Trump".
But the hostile questions keep coming, and after being confronted with the possibility that Trump has been lying to him, Spicer decides to pay his boss a visit. A reporter poses the question to McCarthy: "You must know this Russian Federation thing looks really bad?"
Glenn Thrush of the New York Times could not have foreseen himself becoming a character on "SNL", but here we are, as Bobby Moynihan is called on first, but as "Michelin Man".
- Pablo Zabaleta proud of City's road to success
- Trump asked Comey to end investigation of Michael Flynn
- Ducks vs Predators: Western Conference Finals Preview
- Cyber attack a wake up call
- China Increases Spending on the Silk Road
- U.S. should take some of blame for massive cyberattack, Chinese media says
- Massive ransomware attack hits 74 countries
- Ankle sprain will keep Leonard out of Game 2
- Leonardo Jardim pense à un départ — AS Monaco
- Cambodia to benefit from China-proposed Belt-Road initiative: scholar