Meanwhile, the Portuguese says United's "crazy" schedule is taking its toll mentally and physically ahead of the Europa League final, leaving them facing a fixture pile-up unlike anything he has experienced.
The 20-time English champions are in the final of the Europa League, but unlike their opponents Ajax, who have 12 days to prepare, United will have just three days after the final weekend of the league on 21 May.
In a conference call with investors, he said that United had made "tremendous progress on and off the pitch" under Mourinho, who took over as manager following the departure of Louis van Gaal last summer. It would be a big disappointment for me. I don't think that Paul has the conditions to play.
United suffered a 2-1 loss against Tottenham on Sunday to mathematically confirm that the Red Devils would finish outside the top four for a third time in four seasons. "I don't know when we would be playing that game". "For us, it's more important to win titles than to finish [in the] top four".
Following the release of the club's latest set of quarterly financial results on Tuesday, United's chief financial officer Cliff Baty confirmed missing out on Champions League football would see a 30 per cent reduction in Adidas' yearly payments under their kit manufacturing deal - a fall of £21m.
Mourinho has made eight changes for each of the last two Premier League games to try and keep his star men fit for next week's Europa League final with Ajax in Stockholm. And in the last 16 I was out only once.
"We got to the cup final, with European experience (in the Europa League) and a decent league position, but we all want more than that".
Harry Kane scores Tottenham's second goal during Sunday's 2-1 victory at White Hart Lane.
United chief financial officer Cliff Baty said: "The increase in net debt. was entirely driven by the impact of foreign exchange movements on our U.S. denominated debt".
Neither Phil Jones [toe] nor Chris Smalling [knee] have played for United since 19 March, while Eric Bailly is battling an ankle injury and Marcos Rojo will miss the rest of the season with a cruciate knee ligament injury.
The bonus for the players has nothing to do with the competition itself, but is triggered due to Champions League clauses in their contracts.
- Trump asked Comey to end investigation of Michael Flynn
- Cyber attack `wake-up call for governments — Microsoft chief
- WannaCrypt Ransomware Windows Patch: Microsoft Tells Government To Stop Hoarding Security Vulnerabilities
- India gives China's 'One Belt One Road' summit a deliberate miss
- Pak cooperating with China on CPEC
- Ducks vs Predators: Western Conference Finals Preview
- WannaCry ransomware cyber-attack is a 'wake-up call', says Microsoft
- Inflation hits highest level in over three years
- Cambodia to benefit from China-proposed Belt-Road initiative: scholar
- U.S. should take some of blame for massive cyberattack, Chinese media says