The league stage of the 2017 IPL has concluded on Sunday with Rising Pune Supergiant becoming the fourth and final team to seal passage to the play-offs stage of the season's tenth edition, bringing to an end a 56-game period which saw several franchise script some wonderful runs of form. But everything changed in the last two. But, since they have managed to perform well in all the matches.
His all-round abilities have been one of the main reasons behind the Rising Pune Supergiant's surge up the IPL 2017 points table. Pune, who looked they would struggle to get to 150 at the end of the 18, reached a competitive 162 for 4, with 15 coming of the last over. They have performed well since that sluggish period.
In a game that swung from one side to the other, Kings XI Punjab came up trumps to record a thrilling seven run win over Mumbai Indians on May 11 (Thursday) and keep their hopes of qualifying for the 2017 IPL playoffs alive.
Put in to bat, Pune found themselves under severe pressure after losing opener Rahul Tripathi and captain Steven Smith inside the first two overs.
Rohit Sharma: The MI skipper has had a hot and cold league so would be keen to come good in the Play-offs, not to mention the upcoming ICC Champions Trophy. They are in great form and it should not surprise anyone if they beat Mumbai Indians comprehensively. Both Manoj Tiwary and Dhoni were struggling with the wicket holding up and the Mumbai bowlers bowling a disciplined line. All eyes will be on Pune's Rahane, Smith, and Unadkat - as both of them play well in front of team Mumbai.
"I think it's very heartening for me to do well against a big team on a good stage, in front of a packed crowd".
"We knew the wicket is going to play slow, but we have played enough games here to understand the conditions, " Rohit said.
The experienced Lasith Malinga despite his inconsistency, wicket-taker Mitchell McClenaghan and the dependable Jasprit Bumrah are likely to be back after a one game rest along with off-spinner Harbhajan Singh.
MI isn't taking the qualifier match lightly as the team is now giving the bad performance in series against Pune in the league matches of this IPL season. However, this season, the wicket has become bit sluggish and batsmen has struggled.
Left-arm pacer Jaydev Unadkat, who has played a major role in Pune's redemption in the second half of the tournament, produced an edge off Wriddhiman Saha's bat in the third over of Punjab's innings.
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Double Puts Real Madrid On Verge Of Title
- Two Senate panels seek Comey memos, Intel wants testimony
- Ransomware attack puts renewed focus on cybersecurity
- Emergency Declared At Manhattan Project Nuclear Site In Washington State
- Amazon's Latest Echo Device Includes a Touchscreen
- Canada's unemployment rate falls to 6.5%, lowest in years
- Sidney Crosby Not Evaluated for Concussion After Crashing Headfirst into Boards
- Corbyn sets out radical manifesto for United Kingdom polls
- While Comey memo could be key, any Trump prosecution tricky
- Braves slugger Freeman leaves game after hit by pitch