Some of the greatest players in the game's history weren't even top-10 picks (see Kobe Bryant, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Steve Nash, Reggie Miller, Dennis Rodman and on and on).
Speaking with Michael Felger on CSNNE's Early Edition on Tuesday, before the NBA Draft Lottery announced the winners, Fultz spoke again about the tantalizing prospects of forming a backcourt with Isaiah in Boston. This draft represents one faint glimmer of light trickling into the depths of the abyss the franchise now resides in.
It was fun to hear Embiid speak this way, but for the Sixers and their fans, another expectation is more pressing and concerning: whether Embiid will be with the team, in the lineup, all season.
"This is pretty good", said Celtics owner Wyc Grousbeck.
The Boston Celtics will have a big decision to make this June: What should they do with the No. 1 pick in the 2017 NBA Draft? His college stats are most similar to those of Otto Porter, who was selected No. 3 by the Washington Wizards in 2013 and was a key piece for a team that finished a win away from the Eastern Conference finals this season.
Fox had his best game of the season against Ball's UCLA team in the NCAA Tournament, recording 39 points and four assists in their Sweet 16 matchup.
On Tuesday, the Lakers will have a 46.9% (I optimistically round up to 47%) of getting at least the 3 pick in the draft. I hope it happens. Boston acquired the Nets' 2014, 2016 and 2018 first-round picks, as well as the rights to swap in 2017.
The Lakers landed the No. 2 overall pick in next month's draft and will have the selection for the third consecutive year.
Having earned the right to pick first on June 22, however, the Boston Celtics are in a position where they nearly can't go wrong. Unlike the team picking at No2, the LA Lakers, and it's very clear who they want: Lonzo Ball. "In this day's National Basketball Association, picks are very, very valuable". He said if you get distracted by little things, then you're not as locked in as you think you are.
"You feel that way every year that if you do your homework, you are going to get a good player, " said Vogel, who recently completed his first season as Orlando's head coach.
- The fact the NBA's annual parade of losers is turned into a half-hour television spectacle makes for a lot of wonderful made-for-TV moments that lead to plenty of hilarity. "But sometimes you have to make your own luck, which we believe we haven't done enough of". It's hard for me to be patient.
"He told me this story about how a lion seeks food, whatever he's gonna kill and eat", Thomas said.
- Does US believe Western Wall is in Israel?
- Senate Judiciary Committee Wants FBI's Comey Memos
- Donald Trump ready to make 'fast decision' on new Federal Bureau of Investigation director
- President Trump assails 'witch hunt' after naming of special counsel
- Soundgarden and Audioslave rocker Chris Cornell takes his own, aged 52
- Saudi says Trump visit to bolster security, trade ties
- Fact Check: 'We Don't Have Health Care In This Country,' Trump Says
- Online speculators increasing bets on early end to Donald Trump's presidency
- US Congressmen call for Donald Trump impeachment on House floor
- Boston Celtics Mock Draft 1.0