The popular Argentine right-back, who has been at the Etihad for nine years, is due to leave the club at the end of the season.
At least not by Guardiola. It was an awesome performance. We'll see what happens next season. Guardiola wanted to see a better pressing game from Aguero, more teamwork and link-up play, a better work ethic.
Guardiola is in the process of shaping his squad for next season, and while Zabaleta's future has been decided, those of City's six other out-of-contract players remain in the balance.
City and United are local rivals and have enjoyed a healthy hostility in the nine years Zabaleta has been at the club.
The Spaniard was impressed with his side's performance against the Baggies, in particular Sergio Aguero.
(Martin Rickett/PA) He may not have got on the scoresheet himself but the striker played a part in all three of the hosts' goals in a hugely commendable run-out.
"Gabriel was awesome, but the key player up front was Sergio (Aguero)", Guardiola added. He has the quality to give that and make the pass. "If it's not going well, they are going to change manager", Guardiola said.
Yaya Toure then wrapped up the points with City's third soon after half-time before Hal Robson-Kanu netted a close-range consolation late on.
The home side's early domination paid off the in the 27th minute as Aguero played in De Bruyne, who teed up Jesus for the simple tap-in.
De Bruyne doubled City's lead within two minutes when he shaped a half-volley inside the right-hand post from the edge of the box.
Didn't have that much to do today, saving a couple of shots that were hit directly at him. Toure charged into open space and finished between the goalkeeper's legs.
"I don't like the strikers to be there just waiting for a cross because Sergio is not tall enough to win the duels in the box".
The Brazilian said: "He's a top player, so of course I hope he stays".
That didn't used to be the case. You need a guy like Kun [Sergio Aguero] to score the goals but sometimes a last-ditch challenge, which are things that often get forgotten quite easily, but teammates and players like us we remember those and it's a feeling that you have.
- Cyber chaos may grow at workweek's start
- Kane scores 4 as EPL runner-up Tottenham routs Leicester 6-1
- Ransomware: WannaCry cyber attack may attack Indian banking system soon, says expert
- Senators: Deputy AG knew of Comey firing before writing memo
- Wannacry crisis: hits over 40000 Indian computers
- Un titre honorifique sans conséquence juridique — Ministre d'Etat
- Google Android Oreo: There Is More To It
- EN DIRECT - Google i/o 2017 : suivez les annonces de Google à 19h
- White House knew sacked adviser was under investigation
- Cyber attack: 200000 victims hit in 150 countries