One lucky reader can stand a chance to WIN double tickets to see 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' at any Nu Metro cinema nationwide. There's always a camp knowingness about Marvel scripts, it's one of the studio's charms, but here the overt cynicism begins to drag with lines like "We're really going to be able to jack up our price if we're two-times galaxy saviours".
So what does the ending of Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2 mean in real terms? Some are pretty obvious, while others you may not have caught on your first viewing.
Maybe it has a good transition because the film, in general, has a much less serious tone than most Marvel entries.
We've gone ahead and linked each one of those so you can listen if you feel so inclined. The movie delivers exactly the right recipe of action, comedy, and pathos that you would expect from a "Guardians" follow-up.
The news of Sylvester Stallone's involvement erupted when he was in a cameo in "Guardians of the Galaxy 2". By far the most loved character in the "Guardians of the Galaxy" franchise is Groot, voiced by the indomitable Vin Diesel.
I can only hope that Marvel might repackage Guardians of the Galaxy in this way (come on, it'd make a fun web series). Wait 'til we see the full-fledged working-man Groot. I would have been nicer if they could have made the video longer and put a bit more effort into it but it's tough to complain.
Baby Groot may be the star of the show in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, but he won't be a baby forever. "It's funnier than most films, but not as amusing as the first one", Entertainment Weekly's Chris Nashwaty writes. Gunn, who has done nothing else but work with these characters for the past five years of his life, will continue stewarding the Guardians through their trials in "Avengers: Infinity War", where he says they are "supporting characters but not small roles".
Though I imagine it's hard to spoof an already near-spoof movie, Marvel really hit it on the mark this time.
Marvel Studios' Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 premieres in USA theaters May 5, 2017.
Nostalgia played a large part in the first movie, with its fetishisation of protagonist Quill's "retro" Walkman and tape collection.
- Irish PM announces resignation as party leader
- Laptop travel ban set to cost up to $1bn
- WannaCry ransomeware threat: Agencies on alert in Himachal Pradesh
- NHL Playoffs: Capitals suffocate Penguins with defense, force Game 7
- More immigrants arrested, fewer deported under Trump
- Mishra on hunger strike; BJP-RSS script, says AAP
- Graham: Russia probe seems to be 'criminal investigation'
- President Trump says special counsel in Russian Federation investigation 'divides the country'
- Louisiana State Police to hold annual memorial ceremonies for National Police Week
- Government activates mechanism to prevent cyber attack