James led all Eastern Conference players with 498 points, receiving 99 First Team votes.
Harden set career-highs for the third-straight season in scoring with 29.1 points per game, ranked second in the league, rebounding with 8.1 per game and assists with 11.2 per game. In winning his second scoring title in three seasons, the 6-3 guard paced the National Basketball Association in games with at least 20 points (72), 30 points (44), 40 points (18) and 50 points (four).
Wall felt he should've been All-NBA two years ago, when he had a better season than Kyrie Irving but was left off despite being an All-Star Game starter for the first time.
Second-team picks were the Warriors' Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant (see Warriors Beat, B6), Boston guard Isaiah Thomas, Milwaukee forward Giannis Antetokounmpo and Utah center Rudy Gobert.
The last four words of his statement are not telling, but do prompt thought about how many more years Wall will be doing this work in Washington.
Davis averaged 28 points (career-high), 11.8 rebounds (career-high) and 2.2 blocks per game this year. Already the Wizards' franchise record-holder for assists in a career, Wall broke the franchise's single-season record this year when he dished out 831 assists. Guard Kyrie Irving really wasn't close to landing on the third team, tallying just 14 points (third-team guards John Wall and DeMar DeRozan received 125 and 62 points, respectively).
Why would Davis potentially sign a DPE while still under contract with the Pelicans rather than wait until his contract runs out and test free agency?
Anthony Davis was named to the All-NBA First Team for the second time in the past three seasons. Following next season, San Antonio would likely need to offer the maximum four-year, $168 million to retain his services.
Thursday, the league announced he was selected among the top 15 players in the NBA when he was named to the All-NBA third team. If they made one of the teams, they'd be eligible for an extra $70 million as part of a super-max Designated Player Extension. "I haven't talked to my agents and stuff like that".
LeBron has been named to any All-NBA team 13 times now, two back of the record held by Kobe, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and Tim Duncan.
With today's All-NBA first team trophy, realize that Anthony Davis just took a giant step forward in possibly following in their footsteps one day. He averaged career-highs in points, assists, and free throw attempts per game while increasing his usage rate and true shooting percentage.
- US official reportedly says Bennett the reason for not moving embassy
- Syrian Kurdish official praises US decision to provide arms
- Toronto CF Kevin Pillar apologizes for using anti-gay slur
- Koscielny will require daily treatment on an Achilles injury
- Energized Ducks even Western finals, beat Predators 5-3
- Ransomware: WannaCry cyber attack may attack Indian banking system soon, says expert
- Trump slams Comey, once more dismisses Russian Federation probe as "witch hunt"
- Un titre honorifique sans conséquence juridique — Ministre d'Etat
- Iran heads to polls that tip Rouhani for second term
- Kelly Olynyk saved the Celtics in Game 7 like no one expected