On the other side Real have everything to play for in their last three games of their season. Both teams have 87 points, but the Catalan club leads on the head-to-head tiebreaker.
Ronaldo was starting his first La Liga game away from home for almost two months following coach Zinedine Zidane's rotation policy, and he smashed a loose ball high into the net after good work from playmaker Isco.
"We are very motivated and while a draw would be enough, we will go there to win as we always do".
Already on a booking, the in-form striker went down in the box from a slight challenge by Sergio Ramos and Juan Munuera promptly sent him off for stimulation.
Three quick thoughts from Real Madrid's 4-1 La Liga win over Celta Vigo at Balaidos on Wednesday night.
Ronaldo was fantastic, even though he should have had a hat trick, missing a sitter in the second half. "It is not usual for me to have a miss like that, but it can happen to human beings who can make mistakes too".
Ronaldo was starting his first La Liga game away from home for almost two months as in contrast to recent weeks, Zidane didn't rotate his starting XI.
As reported by Goal, a stipulation was put in place by the Costa Del Sol club when they sold talisman Isco to Los Blancos in 2013 for €27m.
There is no more time off for Cristiano Ronaldo and his teammates.
But Madrid hit back quickly as Marcelo set up Benzema for a close-range finish. Toni Kroos completed the scoring in the 88th.
Celta host Real Madrid in the makeup version of a game originally scheduled for February 4. Ronaldo opened his league tally for United in 2003. We are the best and we want to be champions.
Real Madrid coach will take his side to Malaga on the back of five consecutive league wins and knowing that Malaga are coached by former Real Madrid legend, Michel Gonzalez.
- President Trump says special counsel in Russian Federation investigation 'divides the country'
- Irish PM announces resignation as party leader
- Senators Say Deputy AG Knew Comey Would Be Fired Before Memo
- Joe Lieberman is front-runner for Federal Bureau of Investigation director
- Trump decries 'witch-hunt' after special counsel picked for probe
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Villain Might Be Iron Man's Fault
- So far, UI untouched by 'WannaCry' ransomware cyberattack
- WannaCry ransomeware threat: Agencies on alert in Himachal Pradesh
- Celtics no match for James, Cavaliers in game one
- Putin 'Ready to Provide Records' of Lavrov-Trump Exchange