The news conference was Trump's first since the Department of Justice on Wednesday appointed Robert Mueller as special counsel to oversee the agency's investigation into whether Trump's campaign colluded with Russian Federation to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. After the White House put out a subdued statement on Wednesday night about former FBI Director Robert Mueller being named special counsel, Trump publicly vented on Thursday morning about the new probe.
Mr Trump has not directly addressed the latest allegations that he pressured Mr Comey to drop the Flynn investigation.
"If the U.S. administration considers it possible, we are ready to submit a transcript of Lavrov's talk with Trump to the U.S. Senate and Congress, if, of course, the U.S. administration would want this", Putin said, according to the Russian-owned Tass news agency.
British Prime Minister Theresa May says the government has confidence in its relationship with the United States, and will continue to share intelligence with Britain's most important defence and security ally.
Mr Chaffetz had earlier tweeted that he would force the Federal Bureau of Investigation to comply if necessary.
We believe the issues raised by the Comey memos are so vital that the public should have access to them without delay. "I've seen a poll that indicates a majority now of those being polled are for impeachment!".
"I spoke to him (Lavrov) today", said Putin with a smile.
Despite reports Mr Trump shared the information in a way that would have allowed the Russians to work out its origin, General McMaster asserted the President "in no way compromised any sources". "I hope you can let this go".
"He is a good guy".
He replied, "I do".
- Putin offers Trump notes
- Trump administration to cut funds for abortion aid overseas
- Google and VIVE team up for standalone Daydream VR unit
- Pochettino staying at Spurs, no buyout clause in contract
- Trump willing to use engagement on North Korea crisis
- Reasons To Believe In The Penguins In Game 7
- IPL 2017 | Pune seal their playoff date against Mumbai Indians in style
- Paul George: George's fate could be determined Thursday
- No substantial impact of WannaCry on Indian IT system: Government
- Highlights of Sunday's National Hockey League game