While Cornell is gone, it's obvious that his music - and influence on rock and grunge in general - will live on.
(AP Photo/Chris Pizzello, File).
In addition to Soundgarden, Pointfest was to feature Stone Sour, Pierce the Veil, Greek Fire and other bands.
Soundgarden - also comprised of Kim Thayil, Matt Cameron and Ben Shepherd - were due to continue their North American tour and travel to Columbus, Ohio on Friday (19.05.17), with the run ending in Oklahoma on May 27.
Dave Mustaine and his bandmates halted their show in Tokyo to salute the rocker, who hanged himself in a Detroit, Michigan hotel room. A medic unit called to the scene also found victim unresponsive, with what was described as a "band" around the neck.
Cornell's last song performed that night was "Slaves & Bulldozers" with an interlude of Led Zeppelin's "In My Time of Dying", you can watch a fan shot video of Cornell's final performance below. Soundgarden had performed in Detroit on Wednesday night. His body was found in a Detroit, Michigan, hotel room, and although no cause of death has been announced, it's being investigated as an apparent suicide. A full autopsy report has not yet been completed.
The 52-year-old Cornell was the lead singer of Soundgarden and Audioslave.
Cornell was in the Motor City performing with Soundgarden, which had embarked on a US tour in April.
He added that police are at "the beginning stages of the investigation and we can't say anything about the scene". When the friend arrived, he had to force open the door, only to find the musician on the bathroom floor. The medical examiner is in the process of determining cause of death.
Chris Cornell, solo artist and singer for the rock bands Soundgarden, Audioslave and Temple of the Dog, has died.
- Israel Was Source of Classified Intelligence Trump Gave to Russian Federation
- Congressman Green Calls for Trump Impeachment on House Floor
- Online speculators increasing bets on early end to Donald Trump's presidency
- James scores 38 as Cavaliers roll over Celtics
- US Congressmen call for Donald Trump impeachment on House floor
- Political parties, media should refrain from doing politics on ICJ's order
- Republicans Are Worried that Trump's Scandals May Hurt Their Legislative Agenda
- US Embassy to Stay in Tel Aviv For Now
- James, Love lead rout as Cavaliers in roll in Game 1
- Mauricio Pochettino: Title very hard, but not out of reach