A cyber-attack that has hit 150 countries since Friday should be treated by governments around the world as a "wake-up call", Microsoft says.
European governments and companies appeared early Monday to have avoided further fallout from a crippling global cyberattack, the police agency Europol said.
In Israel, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said late Sunday that his country was largely unaffected by the ransomware attack after it began preparing for such events several years ago through its new National Cyberdefence Authority.
Patients using Princess Royal University Hospital were unaffected by the cyber attack which swept across the NHS last week.
"In addition to protective real-time monitoring of national NHS IT services and systems, which were unaffected by this issue, we are supporting NHS organisations by undertaking cyber security testing and providing bespoke advice and action points". Instead, most of the attention has been focused on the NSA exploit used in the attack, the actual threat posed to victims and vital systems, and the sheer magnitude of the event.
The NHS said 45 of its organisations were hit, with hospitals having to urge people with non-emergency conditions to stay away after the cyber-attack, which demanded a Dollars 300 ransom in bitcoins for the decryption of files.
At the height of the attack Friday and early Saturday, 48 organizations in the NHS were affected, and hospitals in London, North West England and Central England urged people with non-emergency conditions to stay. But no new large-scale outbreaks were reported, and British officials said a feared second wave of infections had not materialised.
Few banks in Europe were affected after learning from previous experiences of attacks, Mr Wainwright said but an attack on public health systems, which badly affected the NHS, had caused concern.
"Most people are not paying this, so there are not a lot of money being made with this by criminal organisations so far", he said.
- How to protect yourself against ransomware
- Toomey says GOP striving for middle ground on Medicare expansion
- Koscielny will require daily treatment on an Achilles injury
- Will the Predators upset the Ducks in Game 1? NHL Predictions 5/12/17
- Governments Must Treat Cyber Attack as 'Wake-Up Call — Microsoft President
- US official reportedly says Bennett the reason for not moving embassy
- Un titre honorifique sans conséquence juridique — Ministre d'Etat
- Harden, James top All-NBA team; George, Hayward shut out
- Energized Ducks even Western finals, beat Predators 5-3
- Celtics Victorious in Game 7 to Eliminate Wizards