Over the past 12 months, Oregon's total nonfarm payroll employment rose 39,100, or 2.1 percent, which was a deceleration from the growth rate near or above 3 percent throughout much of the past four years. Private sector payroll jobs increased 3,600 and government decreased 1,800. South Australia also the largest increase in the unemployment rate ( up 0.3%).
"The bottom line is Wisconsin's economy is growing and adding jobs, and our biggest challenge now is finding enough skilled talent to fill openings employers have available", said Department of Workforce Development secretary Ray Allen. On Friday, May 19, 2017, the Labor Department reports on state unemployment rates for April.
Canada added 3,200 jobs during the month, Statistics Canada reported in Ottawa, less than the 10,000 employment gain forecast by economists.
Maine's unemployment rate remained unchanged from March, extending a very tight labor market heading into the summer months. However, the headline figure was a little less favourable, with full-time jobs declining by 11.6k after a 75k jump in the previous month. Manufacturing (-8,100) and logging (-100) were the only sectors to report job losses. Preliminary estimates from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics show an increase of 3,900 jobs last month.
The change appears to have been caused by both full-time and part-time workers putting in fewer hours rather than a substitution of full-time for part-time jobs. The figure includes discouraged workers who stopped looking as well as part-time workers who want but can't get full-time jobs.
Just when you thought Weld County's unemployment rate couldn't drop any lower, it did. Seasonal adjustments cut these influences and make it easier to see statistical trends. The numbers are not adjusted for seasonal variations.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Villain Might Be Iron Man's Fault
- Derby winner 4-5 favorite in Preakness
- Trump decries 'witch-hunt' after special counsel picked for probe
- WannaCry ransomeware threat: Agencies on alert in Himachal Pradesh
- Joe Lieberman is front-runner for Federal Bureau of Investigation director
- Celtics no match for James, Cavaliers in game one
- Roger Ailes hit his head one week before he died
- Installing Updates Can Stop Cyberattack — Microsoft Ransomware Patch
- Irish PM announces resignation as party leader
- Justice Official Knew Trump Would Fire Comey, Senators Say