Pakistan are slated to play two warm-up games in Birmingham before their clash against India - taking on Bangladesh on May 27 before facing world champions Australia on May 29. In his absence, the selectors have gone with Shikhar Dhawan and Ajinkya Rahane.
Rohit Sharma made a return as BCCI selected 15-member Champions Trophy squad.
Premier off-spinner Ashwin, who has skipped the IPL owing to a sports hernia injury, has been included in the squad.
Discussed for remaining some players Rishabh Pant, Dinesh Karthik, Shardul Thakur and Suresh Raina. The defending champions will be led by Virat Kohli, under whom India have not lost a series yet.
"We only talk about his batting form, he's an invaluable asset to this team", Prasad said. "We will try to bring home the Champions Trophy", he said. "Hoping that I start from where I left off", said the 26-year-old. Rohit's captaincy has helped Mumbai Indians secure a place in the playoffs in the IPL 10. But, there are many changes in the squad that took part in the last edition. He was out of action due to a thigh surgery and last played for India against New Zealand in October 2016. "We can not consider Dhoni's form as batsman only".
Rohit Sharma and Mohammed Shami are making a comeback after an injury layoff.
Mohammed Shami's ability to move the ball both ways has been rewarded.
Bhuvneshwar Kumar: Fast bowler Bhuvneshwar Kumar, playing for Sunrisers Hyderabad, has been one of the most consistent performers in the IPL.
Chahal has also picked 6 wickets from the 3 ODIs that he's played for India.
The squad includes two spinners-. He is the second leading run scorer with 450 runs from 12 matches (as on May 8, 2017). It might also be last champions trophy for Dhoni and he would love to win this trophy again.
India begin their Group B campaign against arch-rivals Pakistan at Birmingham on June 4.
India's participation in the 50-over tournament, to be played in England and Wales from June 1, had been in doubt after the national board fought the International Cricket Council (ICC) over revenue-sharing.
- Isco Says It Is Easy To Play With Cristiano Ronaldo
- S Carolina's unemployment rate drops slightly to 4.3 percent
- Justice Official Knew Trump Would Fire Comey, Senators Say
- So far, UI untouched by 'WannaCry' ransomware cyberattack
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Villain Might Be Iron Man's Fault
- Derby winner 4-5 favorite in Preakness
- LeBron, Love help Cavs rout Celtics in Game 1
- Ducks vs Predators Game 2 PREVIEW: We've Been Down This Road Before
- Government activates mechanism to prevent cyber attack
- Microsoft issues WannaCry security patch for XP, blasts U.S. for 'stockpiling vulnerabilities'