Tottenham's midfielder Eric Dier admitted his team's title aspirations are now highly unrealistic. A 65th minute victor by the Irons' Manuel Lanzini means the title is all but Chelsea's.
"The way we played football was so excellent (this season), that's why it's even more frustrating today because I didn't recognize Tottenham".
Last season, Chelsea were the club to shatter Spurs' Premier League trophy pursuit. "We need to wait now for the Chelsea result and we still have three games to go", Pochettino told Sky Sports 1.
"We feel guilty because I'm not pleased with the way we played this game", he said on Spurs TV. The way we conceded was poor - and it is hard now.
"The fans deserve a lot and we need to bounce back, keep pushing up and play with pride". There are games you must win, it's not about playing good or bad, or running more or less.
"It's disappointing really because we were on a fantastic run and we didn't think it was going to stop".
Spurs have been the sole challengers to Chelsea at the top of the table, and they gradually ate into the Blues' lead by winning nine successive top-flight fixtures before ultimately succumbing at West Ham.
Home keeper Adrian frustrated Tottenham with first-half saves in quick succession from Dele Alli and Harry Kane and he also did well to keep out Son Heung-Min after the break as the visitors probed for an opener.
Spurs managed just 11 attempts on goal during the London derby in Stratford, as Pochettino's side suffered only their fourth loss of the season.
They could still mathematically be dragged into the bottom three but, by drawing with West Brom to reach the magic 40-point mark, Sean Dyche's side all but ensured they will spend two consecutive seasons in the Premier League for the first time.
Spurs battled to find a way back, but were given a fright when the home team almost doubled their lead on 75 minutes.
Who else? Lanzini missed one early chance and was clattered by Hugo Lloris before he could latch on to a second but the Argentinian's persistence paid off as he slotted home the victor with 25 minutes left.
"Then it was hard to find space and they defended deeper. That is more to talk about after the season than now".
- Texas Legislature Passes Bill That Could Put 'Sanctuary City' Officials in Jail
- Some Victims Of WannaCry Ransomware Hack May Have Only Themselves To Blame
- Sean Spicer Rebuts Report that Trump Asked Comey to Pledge His Loyalty
- Cavaliers destroy Celtics in Game 1 of Eastern Conference Finals
- Medicaid Expansion Takes Center Stage in Senate Health Care Debate
- Arsenal failure to make top four would be "frustrating", Wenger says
- Kipchoge misses 2-hour target
- Oilers rout Ducks, set up Game 7
- Kyle Lowry Looking To Move West In Free Agency?
- Rent-to-own scheme one of key planks of Lib Dem manifesto