"Simultaneously, the United States of America national job growth rate slowed to 1.51%".
Though impressive, Australia's improving labor market picture has been tainted by a growing prevalence of part-time work, which raises concerns about the quality of jobs being created in the economy.
Indiana's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate in April dipped to 3.6 percent, down from 4.7 percent from April 2016.
Over the past year, Tennessee's unemployment rate experienced a slight uptick of a tenth of a percentage point, increasing from 4.6 to 4.7 percent.
The national unemployment rate decreased one-tenth of a percentage point in April to 4.4 percent.
Employment Security paid unemployment insurance benefits to 60,386 people in April.
Next door in Berkeley County, the unemployment rate mirrored Dorchester County in April.
Moderate gains were reported in leisure and hospitality (+2,500), trade-transportation-utilities (+2,400) and other services (+1,300). The gains in those sectors were offset by losses in manufacturing and private educational and health services.
Professional and business services declined by 400 jobs from March 2017 to April 2017.
The mining and logging sector declined by 200 jobs in April 2017.
Over the year, Kansas lost 2,500 seasonally adjusted total nonfarm jobs.
Twenty-three of the state's 24 metro areas saw over-the-year jobs gains, according to the DEO.
Since April 2016, Oregon's construction sector grew the fastest of the major industries, adding 6,400 jobs, or 7.2 percent.
Nevada, Hawaii and North Dakota enjoyed the stronger percentage job gains last month, while IN experienced a loss of 11,300 jobs, or a decline of 0.4 per cent.
In other economic news, Loh released the monthly Consumer Price Index for the First Coast on Friday, which showed an increase from 120.39 in March to 123.41 in April.
Check it out! ESD has new labor market information and tools, including a video tutorial, to highlight popular information and data. Part of the reason is that Colorado's average wage already ranks among the top 10 in the nation; still, Gedney said, the weak showing is notable. The region added jobs at a 2.3-percent pace over the year, above the national average but slower than Myrtle Beach, Spartanburg and Florence.
A consensus of economists had expected the unemployment rate to stay at 6.7 per cent, according to Thomson Reuters.
- Joe Lieberman Leading Choice for FBI Director
- Parsing the tech and national security concerns behind the WannaCry ransomware attacks
- How Much Damages Made By Wannacry Ransomware Attack Made Throughout The World
- NHS systems returning to normal after cyber attack
- Stanley Cup Playoffs: Predators regain West finals lead, stay unbeaten at home
- US security agency should take some blame for ransomware attack: Chinese media
- Sen. Graham: Trump-Russia probe seems to be criminal investigation
- Flying Lotus Remixes The Twin Peaks Theme
- Microsoft withheld update that could have slowed WannaCry
- Special counsel named to probe Trump-Russia ties