When Harvey showed up on Sunday to pitch, the Mets told him of his suspension.
Matt Harvey will reportedly file a grievance against the New York Mets for the three-day, unpaid suspension levied against him. Alderson said the righthander was sent home but declined further comment. "We're going to keep it in-house", said Collins at this morning's press conference, before adding, "Sometimes, you have to make tough decisions, and this is one of them".
Harvey's suspension, according to Alderson, began Saturday.
LHP Wei-Yin Chen (left arm fatigue) is on pace to return to the Marlins' roster and their rotation May 12, the first day he can return from the 10-day disabled list.
OUR PREDICTION: The over is 5-0-1 in the last six meetings between these two teams in NY and is 9-3-1 in the last 13 meetings overall. Rob Zastryzny was optioned to Chicago's top farm club. "Right now we're looking probably at the end of the week". It was the seventh straight game in which a Mets pitcher failed to pitch six innings, a stretch in which NY (14-15 overall) has gone 5-2 thanks to a robust lineup that has churned out 59 runs. He missed the 2014 season after undergoing Tommy John surgery and had surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome that ended his season early previous year, when he made only 17 starts, going 4-10 with a 4.86 ERA.
The Dominican Republic native is 1-2 with a 4.13 ERA in seven career games - three starts - against NY, including a pair of relief appearances last month. Urena pitched six masterful innings, allowing one hit and one walk while striking out a pair. "So we hope to put it behind us and move forward". The team said X-rays were negative. The AL MVP says he expects to play Monday at Oakland. Trout was the AL's player of the month for April after batting.364 and driving in 18 runs. "Swelling is managing better", manager Buck Showalter said. He has made three career big league starts and six relief appearances, posting a 6.49 ERA.
-Baltimore Orioles second baseman Jonathan Schoop was out for the second straight game after being hit on the right wrist with a pitch on Friday night.
- Nanaimo MLA says election uncertainty means anything is possible
- Dem Rep. Says He Was Threatened With Lynching After Calling For Impeachment
- Rosenstein Briefing to Senate Suggests Russia Probe Now Criminal, Republican Senator Says
- Kyle Busch scores $1 million with All-Star race victory
- Laurent Koscielny set to miss Arsenal clash with Everton
- Cloud Computing takes Preakness as Derby winner Always Dreaming fades
- Kolarov insists Manchester City 'far and away' Premier League's best
- Warriors too strong as Durant runs wild
- Trump says he fired Comey because of Clinton investigation
- Wenger says Arsenal future to be decided end May