Wenger's contract with Arsenal expires after the season and, while there have been reports that the club offered him a new two-year deal, that has not been confirmed. I know him for a long time. The Frenchman's own intentions are unclear and he has gone from saying a decision would be announced in April or May to hinting that discussions will take place in a board meeting after the upcoming FA Cup final.
"If I leave tomorrow Arsenal Football Club I have no right to come back, because I have worked here", Wenger said.
Arsenal were in the title race until the turn of the year when a awful run of form saw them drop off the pace to such an extent that they head into the final round of Premier League matches needing a win to keep alive their hopes of a top-four finish.
"I am capable to focus on what I think is important in life", Wenger said.
Over the years Arsenal have established themselves as a top-four team in the Premier League, but they have slim chances of booking their place in the Champions League for the 21 consecutive season.
Arsenal's midweek win over Sunderland kept them in the Champions League picture, meaning they can displace Liverpool or possibly Manchester City with a win.
Much to Wenger's displeasure, fate is not in their hands, if the two sides above them - Liverpool and Manchester City - register wins then a season in the Europa League beckons.
Arsenal’s 2-0 win over Sunderland kept alive their slim hopes of Champions League qualification
Wenger admits that Arsenal are having a season to forget and it remains to be seen if he is going to quit his job in days to come.
So if they miss out on the top four but win the Cup, it wouldn't be a good season - but nor would it be an terrible one.Then, we have to ask yet again what will happen to Wenger.
'I think what is the most important for us is to win the football game we play on Sunday.
Captain Laurent Koscielny is set to be suspended after being sent off after 14 minutes against Everton, while Gabriel Paulista was carried off on a stretcher with a left-knee injury.
Fans have been reacting in their numbers after Tony Adams' outspoken comments about Arsene Wenger.
This post was syndicated from Vanguard News.
Now managing relegated La Liga outfit Granada, Adams' new autobiography is being serialised in a national newspaper. However, the team could still end the season on a high note by winning the FA Cup final next season.
- Players Championship victor prepares for military duty
- Graduates walk out on Pence at Notre Dame commencement
- Delighted Conte dragged from news conference by Chelsea players
- Dem Rep. Says He Was Threatened With Lynching After Calling For Impeachment
- No Plans for Destiny 2 on Nintendo Switch, according to Project Leader
- Matt Harvey Reportedly 'Likely' to Start Friday vs. Brewers After Suspension
- Warriors too strong as Durant runs wild
- Laurent Koscielny set to miss Arsenal clash with Everton
- Rouhani Wins Iran's Presidential Election
- Kolarov insists Manchester City 'far and away' Premier League's best