Paul Pogba's deflected effort and Henrikh Mkhitaryan's improvised finish proved the difference as United collected their second trophy of the season following their League Cup triumph in February. I thought the game was boring.
"It was hard to train yesterday but the manager told us is that the only thing we could do is win this for them", he said. United also becomes the first English club in four years to win a European trophy. "But I don't care about football for now".
"It's my first European trophy with United and hopefully the first of many". "There are lots of poets in football but poets don't win many titles", he said.
Ajax pressed for the equalizer as Manchester United sat back to suck the pressure and play on counter-attack. One fan in the stands captured the mood with a placard declaring: "Manchester, UNITED we stand".
The squad, which played Ajax Amsterdam in the Europa League final in Stockholm, Sweden, all wore black armbands in solidarity with the victims and bowed their heads as they paused before the game. We came here with one option - to win the trophy that the club had never won and we did it so we are happy.
Jose Mourinho Has Different Mentality – Louis van Gaal Associate On Harder Portuguese
Mourinho certainly doesn't. His response to Bosz's "boring" comment was this.
In Stockholm, United won not just a trophy but the modern footballing equivalent of Willy Wonka's golden ticket - a place in the Champions League, where Europe's elite clubs do battle for glory - and a share of a £1.1 billion prize fund. "If he stays next season I'd be very happy". For winning finals, you first have to play finals and learn from it.
"If you are dominant in the air you go long".
"We knew where we better, where they were better than us". Maybe not right now, but will another season of pragmatic football lead to an air of discontent?
A year to the day after losing the Israeli cup final with Maccabi Tel Aviv, the Ajax coach joked that he meant to talk to the footballing authorities about the date of the final.
But he isn't a Ferguson either.
- Antonio Conte gets top prize at League Managers Association awards
- Fed minutes: Officials back reducing bond holdings this year
- Larson on pole after Busch error
- Eating Chocolate Could Help Keep Your Heartbeat Regular
- Estimated 23 million would lose health insurance under Republican bill: CBO
- Chelsea's Conte named Manager of the Year - LMA
- Trump budget chief defends plan in face of opposition
- Death Toll from Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Could Rise
- Zika hit Florida months before infections found, study says
- Mishra Begins Hunger Strike, Demands Details of Travel Funding