India is among countries that have been victims of terrorism, Trump says. "Honestly confronting the crisis of Islamist extremism and the Islamist terror groups it inspires means standing together against the murder of innocent Muslims, the oppression of women, the persecution of Jews and the slaughter of Christians".
He made history by becoming the first USA president to make a majority Muslim country the first stop of an overseas trip. "Just an exhausted guy", she told reporters.
According to the White House, the President hadn't gotten much sleep.
The president will be making five-stops-his next stop Israel, he's expected to meet with religious leaders and not politicians. That deal is still in place with the United States as a signatory - for now, at least.
At the same time, he rejected the path taken by predecessor Barack Obama, who engaged with Iran to reach a breakthrough nuclear accord, which Mr Trump's administration has acknowledged Iran is following.
Rouhani stressed that 'Trump saw an active presence of about 45 million Iranians going to the polls, ' but visited a country that does not know the meaning of the elections and its people never saw ballot box.
But he deviated from prepared remarks in Riyadh, the birthplace of Islam, as he called on dozens of leaders from majority-Muslim nations to help stamp out terror.
Deputy Foreign Minister Tzipi Hotovely (Likud) said Trump's speech "was an expression of deep friendship to Israel and a fresh way of thinking", particularly with respect to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Zarif also criticised Trump's arms deal and other investments with Saudi Arabia worth hundreds of billions of dollars. And "a lot of it's spurred on by what's happening in Iran".
The Saudi king praised Trump and said he hoped his visit would "strengthen our strategic co-operation", before presenting him with the country's highest civilian award, The King Abdulaziz Medal. "The Iranian regime represents the tip of the spear of global terrorism", the king said. The groups the United States has been fighting in Afghanistan, Iraq and elsewhere since the September 11, 2001, attacks on Washington and NY are mostly Sunni Muslims, and enemies of Iran.
- Man United fans loved Josh Harrop's debut against Crystal Palace
- Soldiers launch attacks in besieged Philippine city
- Hamilton fastest in Monaco GP 1st practice
- Manchester bomber's father says he did not expect attack
- Neal delivers in OT as Predators edge Ducks
- Manchester bomber in Germany days before attack
- All eyes on Trump at North Atlantic Treaty Organisation summit
- Russian Federation probe: Subpoenas to get Flynn to talk
- Bogaerts has 3 hits, 3 RBIs as Red Sox beat Rangers 11
- Manchester attack: Police hunt for Salman Abedi's 'network'