Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
In his fourth title defence, Brook quickly discovered the hype surrounding Spence is more than justified as the 27-year-old made a fine start. I want [Keith] Thurman, Manny Pacquiao. I really believe that fight next summer would make sense.
But the injury to Brook's left eye was too severe and, with Spence Jr given an obvious target, it was causing more and more problems. The tactic worked and with the American becoming the latest world champion at welterweight it would come as no surprise to see him go on and clean up in the division.
"I'm sure he's going to go into another fight that is going to be a nice, tune-up fight". A fascinating fight ebbed and flowed one way and then then other, with Spence's speed evident when he landed a right to the jaw.
The rush from the crowd, particularly during the theatric European ring entrances, was palpable.
Howard Foster counted ten as Brook couldn't see clearly and "The Truth" Spence was crowned the new champion, pushing to 22-0 in the process.
"It's the same injury he sustained in the Golovkin fight but in the opposite eye", Ingle told BBC Radio 5 live. It's really that simple.
He did, indeed, and took his place among boxing's best.
"I got put down, and I got up because I'm warrior". Brook won the belt via Majority Decision against Shawn Porter in August 2014 and has successfully defended it three times.
It was a slick display from Spence, in Sheffield, after he consistently anxious Brook with body shots and survived a flurry of punches from the former champion in the sixth round.
What are the odds for Brook vs Spence?It was a much-needed win for his trainer, Shane McGuigan, who was on the losing side in recent fights involving Carl Frampton and David Haye. Brook was one of the first top-rank opponents to step up against GGG, who is now in a string of high-profile matches. But that proved to be a mirage as Brook had been reduced to fighting on fumes.
Spence was behind on the cards at the midpoint, but he didn't panic.
"He has done a few things like that in my life, and they have come true".
When the best fight the best, it becomes contagious. You go anywhere to fight. Brook, at 36-2, lost for a second straight time after an ill-fated attempt to move up two divisions to middleweight and take on Gennady Golovkin eight months ago. Whether 2017 has only felt this good because of how bad the previous year proved to be is irrelevant in this case because, either way, the formula still works.
- Bangladesh prepare to take on 'favourites' England in Champions Trophy opener
- Jared Kushner Didn't Suggest Back Channel, the Russians Did
- Venus Williams hints Serena is expecting a baby girl
- Cuomo: State will abide by Paris accord regardless of Trump
- Illinois lawmakers fail to pass budget, miss spring deadline
- States seek to fill the void after Trump dumped the climate pact
- President Trump Withdraws from Paris Climate Accord: "Handicaps US Economy"
- Lynda Carter gives Gal Gadot her blessing
- Memorial Tournament: Dustin Johnson struggles mightily at Muirfield Village
- OPEC: when meeting expectations are simply not enough