Unfortunately, the ad did not help as Golden State blew the infamous 3-1 lead over Cleveland. Many people know that Larry Bird and Magic Johnson meet in three NBA Finals but not three straight finals. And this is the NBA Finals.
James, star of the Cleveland Cavaliers, is in California this week for the first and second games of the best-of-seven playoff series against the Golden State Warriors. I've been a big fan of Kevin Durant; he's been one of my favorite players in the National Basketball Association.
- This is the fourth time the Cleveland Cavaliers have reached the NBA Finals, all of those appearances coming in the past decade.
Let's take a look what happened a year ago... You never want to underestimate what LeBron and his group is capable of doing. "I'm excited this worked out that I could be here".
Kerr has been more active with the team since the Conference Finals, not missing a team meeting since the start of their series win against the San Antonio Spurs.
"It's pretty intense", Warriors center Zaza Pachulia said. And while many may be growing exhausted of seeing the same players on the game's biggest stage, there are still plenty of storylines to keep us all tuned in.
So, lay back and enjoy, the biggest rivalry in the last 20 years, because we think that this will be an epic drama, once again. The same is true of his 3-point percentage (40.0). They have destroyed all the teams in the competition with their dominant display. But it was all worth it because of the quest for a championship.
In Game 1, Jordan set the tone against the Portland Trail Blazers by scoring 35 points in the first half, hitting six 3-pointers and turning to the crowd shrugging his shoulders as if to say "I can't explain it either!" He is playing in his seventh straight finals.
- Golden State finished with 67 wins in the regular season, tied for the seventh-most in National Basketball Association history.
Thompson has been stellar on the defensive end even when his shot has been off and will likely be counted on at times to slow down Irving, who scored 98 points in the final three games a year ago, including the series-clinching 3-pointer.
"They've been battles, they've been wars", Barnes said. I think Kev really took the challenge on the defensive end and has really stepped up. But there is some motivation for the Warriors to sweep James: He did ruin their historic 73-win season in 2016 when he denied Golden State the title. "We don't know yet", said James. It's not something we talk about.
- Astronomers detect more of Einstein's ripples in space
- Knight Riders end defending champions Sunrisers' run in IPL
- Trump announces United States withdrawal from Paris climate deal
- ICC Champions Trophy 2017: England win the toss for Bangladesh opener
- Trump withdraws from Paris climate deal, but says he'll begin new negotiations
- Russia's Putin says certain Syria's Assad didn't use chemical weapons
- NBA Finals Preview: Series will impact legacies of LeBron, Durant
- NBA Finals Preview: All The Best Things Come In Three's
- India Have Edge over Others in Champions Trophy 2017
- Champions Trophy 2017: Roy Will Definitely Play, Says Morgan