Laxman says that the combination of four seamers and two spinners in the squad will serve Kohli well. The proof came as recently as Monday when, across London at Lord's, England collapsed to 20 for six in five overs - the worst start in one-day global history - against the South Africa new-ball duo of Kagiso Rabada and Wayne Parnell. India were joint-champions in the 2002 edition along with Sri Lanka.
The most anticipated clash between India and Pakistan will take place on June 4.
In this regard the first stepping-stone was to successfully organise the Silver Jubilee Independence Cup in 1997/98 involving India, Pakistan and hosts Bangladesh.
The new bat sensor is powered by Intel's Curie technology and can be attached to any cricket bat to collect stats on the player's bat-swing.
In the warm-up matches, Bangladesh lost their two games against with Pakistan and India. And in both the games, India managed to bundle out the opposition inside 40 overs. And he said that you need to make sure you look at the scoreboard.
The left-hander received excellent support from Mushfiqur Rahim (79) in a third-wicket partnership of 166.
Laxman praised the Indian batsmen for showing the temperament and skills in English conditions.
It's always good (to start with a high-pressure match).
India and Pakistan have not played any bilateral series since 2012, but the BCCI and Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in 2014, which stated that the two nations would play six bilateral series between 2015 and 2023.
"But we know that we are also a better side; that we are a very improving side", he added.
When is the second match of ICC Champions Trophy between New Zealand and Australia? When asked about the importance of the tournament Laxman differed from his former teammate's comment.
"At no stage have we second-guessed ourselves or the direction that we're going in, and that's very powerful as a group I think".
Although Smith stated that the playing XI would not be settled until the final training session, there is a chance that the four pronged pace battery of Australia comprising Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, James Pattinson and Josh Hazlewood could be seen in action together for the first time. McGrath feels that teams like South Africa and England can also challenge for the title.
- Trump says US to withdraw from Paris climate accord
- Bangladesh prepare to take on 'favourites' England in Champions Trophy opener
- US Mayors pledge to adopt goals of Paris Agreement
- Hollywood Upset After Trump Pulls Out Of Paris Agreement
- Weather.com trolls Trump's climate decision
- Ariana Grande to perform at benefit concert in Manchester
- Read Barack Obama's statement on Trump's exit from the Paris climate agreement
- McKenna 'deeply disappointed' in United States decision to pull out of Paris
- A look at the damage of Illinois' 3-year budget impasse
- China's media calls Trump's withdrawal from Paris accord 'global setback'