India has won all the two warm-up games very comfortably and this will boost the confidence of the team while Pakistan also won the warm up match but not so convincingly. Mashrafe feels the added expectation could pile pressure on the hosts. "He has practised today so we are hoping that by the time the first match comes he will be able to play". On a day when it became official that Virat Kohli and Anil Kumble are not on the same page - BCCI's denials notwithstanding, Ramachandra Guha's letter vouches for it - the captain and coach came together for a million dollar picture, and for a brief footage as well.
Afridi says India are a well balanced team. Recovering from viral fever, Yuvraj didn't play in the two practice games and will be keen to get a good hit before the big-ticket Pakistan match on Sunday.
Instead of sticking to what he is good at, playing the ball down the ground, Roy simply did not give himself the chance of scoring runs on his home ground.
Jonny Bairstow emerged as a feasible replacement thanks to his three half-centuries in his last four ODI opportunities - as well as the 174 he made for Yorkshire against Durham at the start of this month, which proved he can be effective as an opener too. "You just have to deal with it and move on". Former Indian Pacer Dooda Ganesh are learnt to have applied for the job.
Bangladesh: Masrafe Mortaza (Captain), Imrul Kayes, Mahmudullah, Mehedi Hasan Miraj, Mosaddek Hossain, Mushfiqur Rahim (wicketkeeper), Mustafizur Rahman, Rubel Hossain, Sanjamul Islam, Sabbir Rahman, Shafiul Islam, Shakib Al Hasan, Soumya Sarker, Tamim Iqbal and Taskin Ahmed. India won both matches.
Mashrafe is confident his team at least will not be weighed down by worry over their latest performance.
"It depends on how the pitch looks before the game", he said.
The two sides have not played a bilateral series since 2012-2013, and India have refused to consider the idea without an end to "cross border terrorism"-code for militant incursions along the disputed Kashmir border".
- Champions League Final: Real Can Deal With Pressure, Says Zidane
- UN votes to add 15 North Koreans, 4 entities to UN blacklist
- Putin ridicules claims of meddling in US vote
- UK PM May's lead over Labour shrinks
- This is what Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn's constituents think of them
- How Bad Could Trump's Paris Agreement Withdrawal Be? A Scientist's Perspective
- Investors bet Trump climate withdrawal to boost US drilling
- Why the 2017 Warriors could be the best National Basketball Association champions of all
- Ramos: Zidane has tamed complicated Real Madrid
- Mladenovic beats Shelby to reach 4th round