The Portuguese has scored 14 goals in his last nine appearances, including hat-tricks against Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid in the quarter and semi-finals respectively.
So, what team will Max Allegri put out at the Millenium Stadium?
Supporters were not able to take bags into the stadium while officers were trialling facial recognition technology to scan thousands of faces as part of the huge security effort.
Many of them, however, echoed the sentiments of neutrals across Europe in supporting Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon. "I expected it to be worse or at least to be tougher because of what happened in Manchester". Well it is the case in point in the Champions League final and we are tipping the immovable object to derail the unstoppable force, only narrowly. He does what he wants.Juventus has won the main prize just twice in eight finals, while Madrid are after their 12th European crown, but Buffon sees that as a challenge to meet head on.
The Spanish club already has six European Cups and five Champions League titles to their name. "It's really something handsome to play a final".
"I expect also from the Madrid side to be tactical, it's what we did, we played more Italian play in the final than we normally did".
Players' relatives used social media to talk about the delay.
When the team sheets came out on Saturday night before the Champions League final, there was plenty of interest in Zinedine Zidane's selection.
However, multiple reports in Italy, Spain and Wales suggest Bale will be in the starting XI for the Merengues in his home city of Cardiff. "Whether he or I start, we'll both be cheering each other on".
Further down the road towards Cardiff Central, where trains will provide additional seats for up to 60,000 passengers, police officers were setting up a mobile police station.
Fans still wanting to watch the Champions League final are being charged hefty amounts of money by ticket scalpers.
- Looking to reverse course at home for Game 3
- Activists Investigating Ivanka Trump's Factory Disappear in China
- Indian skipper Kohli denies reports of rift with coach
- Developer earnings from the App Store top $70 billion
- Rihanna, Kevin Durant seemed to have beef during Game 1
- Gatland barbs were said 'in jest' - Jones
- Pakistan 'completely calm' ahead of India clash - Arthur
- Le Soyouz ramenant Thomas Pesquet sur Terre a quitté l'ISS
- Ireland elects openly gay prime minister
- Putin: Blaming Russia For Interfering In Election Is 'Like Anti-Semitism'