A year ago, it was Conor Sheary benefiting from the wisdom and skills of Sidney Crosby. Jake Guentzel, who was in the minors for most of the year, led the playoffs with 13 goals.
Pittsburgh captain Sidney Crosby was selected the victor of the Conn Smythe Trophy, awarded annually to the top player in the postseason.
The Stanley Cup is staying in the Steel City.
But his contributions went beyond those numbers, as it also was evident from the way he helped nurture Pittsburgh's young talent.
But Pittsburgh mounted another playoff run, surviving a seven-game series with the Capitals and outlasting the upstart Predators in the Stanley Cup Final. "Just to be alongside him for most of this year, how he's helped me personally and get through these struggles". He has played in the Penguins organization since leaving Boston College, and is in his second full season in the National Hockey League.
Early in the period, however, Predators top line center Colton Sessions appeared to poke an uncovered puck into the net after Filip Forsberg ripped a shot on goal.
Hainsey, who joined the team at the trade deadline, might not have played much with the Penguins this year. He finished with a 7-3 record and allowed 19 goals in 11 games. "I think we learned a lot as a group, a lot of lessons the guys will carry forward for sure". He's the first to accomplish that feat since Mario Lemieux in 1991 and 1992.
"Tonight you look at an example of the way (Matt Murray) played".
"We can't keep those in stock", Wallace said. "Knowing how hard it is now to go back-to-back".
"This was our goal at the beginning of the year - we knew that it hadn't been done in a long time".
HKN-STANLEY CUP-THE LATEST, real-time updates from game. In Game 6, we were finally treated to a goalie duel. Crosby took the Cup from National Hockey League commissioner Gary Bettman before handing the trophy off to veteran defenseman Ron Hainsey, who passed it to veteran forward Matt Cullen. "We have so many guys that are going to take experience from this run and use that to propel them over the offseason and come in during the regular season and do what we need to do".
"I watch all the games in my living room and move around the furniture in a certain way", Stark said.
- Box office for Memorial Day weekend lowest in nearly two decades
- LeBron James and Kyrie Irving comment on Warriors trash talk
- Britain's May seeks deal with N.Ireland party to cling to power
- Tottering Theresa May names new UK Cabinet as critics circle
- Kane scores late in England's 2-2 draw vs Scotland
- Bill Cosby accuser 'froze' during alleged sex attack
- After nearly missing French Open, Halep could win 1st major
- Patric Hornqvist's Late Game 6 Goal Seals Penguins' Stanley Cup Title
- Warren Gatland still considering Lions XV to face New Zealand
- Conservatives are only party who can form a UK government - May