"We'll see who steps up on Tuesday night".
"Every system that you have - whether it be attack or defence - is going to be adjusted to the quality of player that you've got", said Farrell.
Gatland hit back, commending Raynal for cracking down on methods which he says are prevalent in the Kiwi game.
The Lions have emphasized the importance of not losing momentum achieved against the Crusaders or falling away from the form benchmark. If I feel I need more games, then I'll tell Warren I don't feel ready.
The All Blacks may be thankful Raynal isn't involved in the three-Test series.
The Highlanders have had their squad plundered by the All Blacks and the Maori All Blacks, losing key playmakers in scrum-half Aaron Smith and full-back Ben Smith to the national side, plus Elliot and Ash Dixon, Joe Wheeler, Rob Thompson and Tom Franklin to the Maori select side.
"Defence shows the character of a team, how they are connecting, how they are respecting each other and that was what we saw from the Lions in Christchurch".
Wales star Biggar will start at fly-half having shaken off his own head injury issue, and has ranked himself as the Lions' current third choice No. 10.
"But there's three Tests to get selected for, so it's not the be all and end all with the first one".
We have Rory Best, Iain Henderson, O'Brien, Henshaw and Payne watching that First Test, in Auckland, in their civvies but two weeks is a long time in sport.
"I contribute a handful of good carries - you become a lineout option".
"It's always nice to win and the manor that we did is great. I have no doubt this group of players will find rhythm and once we do (it'll) be happy days".
His fiancée Suzanne Flanagan will take a break from the wedding planning for a brief stint in New Zealand, but ultimately the big day has been her project as her husband to be tackles the tour of a lifetime. I have to deliver in that area on Tuesday.
"Everyone's working slightly better together as a whole unit and so all these wee bits and pieces that are getting better in training are hopefully going to keep on building towards performances for us".
They will also be bolstered by the inclusion of three All Blacks with hooker Liam Coltman, flyhalf Lima Sopoaga and winger Waisake Naholo all included in coach Tony Brown's side for the clash at Forsyth Barr Stadium. The pair worked like a dream against Crusaders when Sexton replaced the injured Jonathan Davies and the excellent Farrell dropped back into midfield.
- Schiff says firing Mueller would echo Watergate
- Rep. Scalise 'better' but still in 'critical condition,' says hospital
- Rosenstein Says He Wouldn't Fire Special Counsel Without Good Cause
- Check out the best photos from the Warriors' championship parade
- Champions Trophy 2017: Wahab Riaz Ruled Out of the Tournament
- Camaraderie at Golden State Warriors is incredible , says Kevin Durant
- Mistrial Declared For Bill Cosby Sexual Assault Case
- Sinn Fein says will oppose any deal that undermines peace deal
- Warriors fans celebrate, with expectations of more to come
- Cosby jury hunkers down for 3rd day in sex assault case