Jeudi, 17 Août 2017
Latest news
Main » Body of eighth terror attack victim found in Thames

Body of eighth terror attack victim found in Thames

19 Juin 2017

She said providing more firearms for London police wouldn't be a sensible solution to the increased tempo of attacks, saying the strategy of having special mobile units of heavily armed officers is effective.

British Police have named the third attacker in the London terror rampage that took place Saturday night to be confirmed as Moroccan-Italian Youssef Zaghba, age 22.

In a letter posted outside, the Ummah Fitness Centre said staff would "help the police in any way we can" as investigators try to learn more about Khuram Shazad Butt.

Zaghba was said to have been placed on a watch list by Italian authorities and flagged to their Moroccan and British counterparts, but a lack of evidence about his intentions meant his phone and passport were returned, Italian media reported.

But Italy's Corriere della Sera reported that Zaghba had been stopped at Bologna airport in 2016 when trying to fly to Syria via Turkey, and that Italian authorities had identified him as a potential "foreign fighter" and tipped off Britain about his movements.

Zaghba, an Italian national of Moroccan descent, was the youngest of the attackers and was allowed to enter the United Kingdom and had been living in east London before Saturday's attack.

"I have been there and I did not like it". You stand with them in times of adversity but you call them out when they are wrong.

Mr Rowley said work was continuing to understand more about the attackers, "their connections and whether they were assisted or supported by anyone else".

He married a British woman named Charisse O'Leary, who posted on Facebook last month that Redouane was negligent in seeing their young daughter and on one planned visit, she said he told her: "I'm going swimming".

Redouane married a British citizen in Ireland in 2012 and was not under surveillance, Irish prime minister Enda Kenny said.

Butt was known to police and security services, and an investigation into him began in 2015, when one man called the terrorism hotline after concerns Butt had been been radicalised.

Two of the men, aged 27 and 29, were held on suspicion of preparing acts of terrorism while the third was detained over suspected drugs offences.

The couple, who were visiting London for the weekend, were walking south over London Bridge around the time the attack started, according to police.

"And if our human rights laws stop us from doing it, we will change the laws so we can do it", she told supporters on Tuesday.

Security has become a key issue in the run-up to Thursday's general election.

"But there weren't elements of proof that he was a terrorist".

Authorities have said the London attack was apparently unconnected to the Manchester bombing.

The area around Borough Market is not expected to reopen Tuesday.

Body of eighth terror attack victim found in Thames