Earlier Wednesday, the Nevada State Athletic Commission approved a request by Mayweather Promotions to hold a boxing event in Las Vegas on August 26.
"As we've already seen this evening, Mayweather vs. McGregor has generated buzz that reaches far beyond that of the considerable boxing and MMA audience".
Whether it's instinctual or intentional, if Conor McGregor attempts to do anything other than punch Floyd Mayweather Jr.in their boxing match August 26, he'll pay a steep price.
The Notorious One now holds the UFC Lightweight championship having spectacularly KO'd Eddie Alvarez last November.
Stephen Espinoza, the head of Showtime Sports, who will air the money spinning fight, said, "This is really an unprecedented event".
Ellerbe concluded: "Conor McGregor is a terrific guy, he's amusing as hell to me".
The fight will be at 154lbs in the super welterweight division and will take place just a few weeks prior to another superfight in Gennady Golovkin vs Saul Canelo Alvarez. If you bet $100 on McGregor and he wins, you would win $700.
Despite the mismatch, one of the biggest reasons this fight has felt inevitable is because of the money.
It is reported each fighter could earn as much as $100m (£78.4m) from the bout, which would be one of the richest in boxing history. "Anywhere and everywhere I go, it's all that people are talking about". "Guys who have the love for the sport and love what they do - and love the attention, and giving the fans what they want to see - that's what they do".
The biggest question now is will McGregor be able to touch Mayweather in the upcoming boxing match.
McGregor, the two-weight MMA star, is making the move into boxing to face Mayweather, who retired in September 2015 with a record of 49 wins no losses. "So I think that we gain from the mistakes that were made and the knowledge that they have now of what went wrong with that fight".
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos: How Should I Spend My Money?
- Brooks Koepka caps record week with first major title at US Open
- Bon bilan pour "Koh-Lanta Cambodge" — Audiences
- Theresa May 'distraught' over fatal London tower blaze
- Trump lashes out over probe into 'obstruction of justice'
- Special counsel Mueller investigating Jared Kushner's finances, Washington Post reports
- Missing person count rises in London high-rise fire
- Darjeeling shutdown continues, Rajnath Singh appeals GJM to resolve issues through dialogues
- EU Commissioner: EU to Be 'Amicable, Firm' with United Kingdom in Brexit Talks
- Donald Trump Continues Twitter War on Russia Probe, 'Fake News' Media