Portugal's triumph at Euro 2016 secured them a place in Russian Federation, where they will be making their Confederations Cup debut against CONCACAF Gold Cup winners Mexico in Group A before facing the hosts and New Zealand.
On the 21st minute there was a historic event in the history of football - the main referee Nestor Supply canceled goal Pepe, after consultation with videoassistance.
Just eight minutes later, Javier Hernandez scored the equalizer for Mexico.
An absorbing Confederations Cup 2017 game at the Kazan Arena between Portugal and Mexico ended in a 2-2 draw with the CONCACAF title-holders scoring a dramatic injury-time equaliser to deny the European champions three points in their Group A game on Sunday night.
Both teams are trailing hosts Russian Federation in Group A, who beat New Zealand 2-0 in the tournament opener on Saturday.
Russian Federation will play against Portugal in Moscow on June 21 and against Mexico - in Kazan on June 24.
A short statement to FIFA's in-house television reporters, lamenting that his team "suffered at the last minute" due to Hector Moreno's late equaliser, was the only material anybody had to go on, though Ronaldo later said there was no need for Portugal "to sound the alarm" in relation to the result. He scored the goal, which was largely down to Ronaldo, but his cool head made the chance exceptionally easy. Fernando Santos does count with a very talented squad with the attack being the focal point of the team.
"I did it and I shaved myself", Ronaldo told Real Madrid TV. However, other than that he did not threaten Mexico goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa. Mexico certainly deserved a point against Portugal.
The referee sent the decision for video review and after about a long one minute, the goal was disallowed.
One "clear error" might be overturned every four or five games, Federation Internationale de Football Association head of refereeing Massimo Busacca suggested previous year. "But we are not anxious, there are two games left, we still have chances".
"In the end the result was fair as Mexico also played well".
- Minute's silence announced over Grenfell Tower disaster
- American Brooks Koepka wins US Open
- Whataburger trolls Cavaliers after devastating Game 3 loss
- Steve Stricker, Jordan Spieth finish strong at US Open
- United Kingdom government scrambles to limit fallout from London fire
- Andrea Constand Testifies Bill Cosby Drugged And Molested Her
- The first real midweek team selected
- Video review causing confusion for FIFA in World Cup trials
- Sarah Sanders: Donald Trump Has 'No Intention' of Firing Robert Mueller
- London towering inferno toll set to rise