Unlike other major flagships, the Galaxy Note 8 does not pick up the baton from a predecessor - it is preceded by the disastrous Note 7 which, according to many reports, almost brought the series to an end.
We know that AMOLED screens will degrade over time especially when they are used to display static objects or colours for a long time.
It's also worth bearing in mind that the front panels you see in the videos and images above may be of a prototype design that Samsung has since modified or discarded. This means the Galaxy S9 will be the first smartphone to incorporate the under-display fingerprint scanner. Samsung has also listed the terms and conditions for Galaxy S8, S8+ users who are signing up for this early testing of the Bixby voice-assistant in English. The company initially planned that it would come pre-loaded with its latest Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus flagships.
Last year, the Galaxy Note 7 shipped with the same hardware specs as the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
Following months of rumours, Samsung announced its iPhone-rivalling Galaxy S8 earlier this year, bringing with it a radical redesign and connectivity to computer accessories. It comes with 64GB on-board storage which can be further expanded up to 256GB using MicroSD Card. When iPhone 8 comes, there may be Samsung Note 8 on the track, and this may be a better start. This second shooter will be a telephoto lens with support for up to 3x optical zoom. Furthermore, Bixby is said to get integrated with Samsung Hello to offer information and features depending on a user's preference from weather to music and news.
Samsung's Galaxy S8 is a pretty great smartphone (review) for the most part, but it's clear that the Bixby service is a half-baked clone of Google Now. The Note 8's success this year is very important to Samsung, since it will determine the future of the series. The rumors are conflicting on the situation, though both mid-August or early September sound completely manageable.
- Banned building materials suspected in London fire
- GST Council sets tax rates for lotteries, hotels
- May 'sorry' for election result which cost Tory seats
- Theresa May 'distraught' over fatal London tower blaze
- Ocado Shares Top European Benchmark on Amazon Deal Speculation
- Pakistan can upset any team on their day, says Virat Kohli
- Brooks Koepka Wins US Open With Record-Tying Effort
- Trump confirms probe, calls it a 'witch hunt'
- Missing person count rises in London high-rise fire
- Koepka wins 117th US Open