Well, it appears the songstress has just done a complete 180, with her representative now confirming her entire catalog will return to all streaming platforms today (Friday 9 June). Fans have also long speculated that Perry's single "Swish Swish" is a diss track in the vein of "Bad Blood" aimed at Swift.
Online personality Tyler Oakley preferred to find a way to neutralize the situation. "ALL SHADE (sic)", a user contributed, and another added, "Taylor Swift putting her entire discography on Spotify the same night Katy Perry drops a new album is next level pettiness & I am all for it". Of course, Taylor did end up partnering with Apple Music, exclusively hosting 1989 on the service.
As reported by Refinery 29, the "Swish Swish" singer spoke to NME about why she finally made a decision to speak out on her feud with T-Swift, which allegedly started over some backup dancers. The singer initially voiced concerns about Apple's free three-month trial, which under original terms, would withhold royalties for artists whose songs were played by non-paying customers. It was a full shut down and then she writes a song (Bad Blood) about me and I'm like, 'OK, cool, cool, cool. She has a new album to promote, Witness, so that's part of the reason why, but it also feels like she is more than willing to fess up about the beef.
In her latest public statement directed Swift's way, Perry accused her pop rival of trying to "assassinate her character".
It just happens to be the day that Katy releases Witness and tickets for her United Kingdom tour go on sale.
"You Belong With Me" - What every person will be saying to their new Taylor Swift playlist.
"The Best Day" - The Best Day is Friday when T-Swift returns to Spotify, and the site should be dubbed "Holy Ground".
- 79 now believed to have died in London high-rise fire
- Donald Trump Jr. appears to confirm key part of Comey's testimony
- Garbine Muguruza, Venus Williams losses ensure 1st-time Slam victor
- Turkey's Erdogan decries isolation of Qatar as 'inhumane', like a 'death penalty'
- Top 3 miss US Open cut; 4-way tie for 1st
- Champions Trophy team of the tournament
- US Open champion Koepka reveals helpful Johnson call
- Japan investigates delay in reporting US Navy ship collision
- London Finsbury Park Attacker Unknown to UK Authorities - Security Minister
- Mexico Hold Portugal In Confederations Cup