The Pakistan bowling corps engineered a spectacular collapse of India's top order, sending Rohit Sharma, Kohli and tournament high-scorer Shikhar Dhawan back to the dressing room within the first 15 overs.
"Mohammed Amir, returning after his back spasms, proved once again why he is one of the finest pace bowlers in the world right now by ripping the heart out of the Indian batting", he added.
"Its bowling attack was brilliant with Mohammad Amir and Junaid Khan contributing well throughout the tournament but the emergence of a couple of newer players in Hasan Ali and Fakhar Zaman, who scored a brilliant century in the final, is exciting for the future for Pakistan". They defeated South Africa in the group stages, thrashed England in the semi-final and clobbered defending champions India in the final. But luck was on Pakistan's side.
Fellow opener Azhar survived run out chances on 15 and 29.They made India pay for the let-off and misses.
Pakistan was cruising at 0-128 in the 23 over with Azhar on 59, when he was involved in a farcical mix-up with opening partner Fakhar Zaman.
Veteran batsman Mohammad Hafeez has dedicated Sunday's stunning ICC Champions Trophy victory over India to the Pakistani public.
Zaman with his maiden ODI century in just his fourth match. "We tried to do out best, but even with the ball, they were aggressive, while we didn't show any resistance apart from Hardik, who's knock was outstanding", he said.
But so did Pakistan, who restricted their last three opponents to below 240. Amir's arrangement means he will play County Championship fixtures for the current Division One leaders, as well as NatWest T20 Blast matches.
In Amir's second over, Kohli was dropped at slip.
Pakistan set a target of 339. With the ball we could have had a few more wicket-taking opportunities.
When teenage leg-spinner Shadab then struck in his first over via DRS, hitting Yuvraj Singh pad before bat, and MS Dhoni pulled Hasan Ali (three for 19) for a tumbling catch in the deep, India were washed up at 54 for five. Captain Virat Kohli also left early leaving Indian fans disappointed. They have been waiting for this for a long, long time.
- US Open champion Koepka reveals Johnson call helped him stay patient
- ICC announces Team of ICC Champions Trophy 2017
- Rep. Barbara Lee Slams President Trump's Backwards Decision on Cuba
- Trump mocks Federal Bureau of Investigation for failing to prove 'Russian Collusion'
- EXTRA TIME: Yaya Toure calls for peace after Finsbury Park attack
- Talks on British exit from European Union begin in Brussels
- What We Know About The Senate Republican Health Care Bill
- Northam wins Democratic nomination for governor
- Celtics trading top pick in 2017 NBA Draft
- Play ball! GOP, Dems to battle as 1