"To comeback from such a massive defeat to India in the first match and go on to win the final that too against India, I think Sarfaraz and his team deserve a lot of credit and praise", Imran said.
Pakistan head coach Mickey Arthur has expressed hope that the proposed World XI tour to the country will go ahead after his side crushed their arch-rivals India to clinch their maiden Champions Trophy.
Pakistan have received further reward for their unlikely Champions Trophy triumph after the International Cricket Council confirmed they'd risen two spots on the one-day international team rankings on Monday.
Congratulations to the Pakistani team for winning the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 and shutting down trolls for good.
Police said they were forced to close roads and disperse the crowd following the clashes.
With his bat tucked under his arm, Fakhar begins the long walk back to the pavilion as the Indians celebrate grabbing their first wicket with only four Pakistan runs on the board.
(Web Desk) - Yesterday was the much-anticipated ICC Champions Trophy Final between archrivals Pakistan and India. "You can't really sit and pinpoint these things in white-ball cricket, especially on wickets like these, where people are slogging across the line and getting away with it".
Coming into the match, four-time world champions Pakistan had conceded four and six goals in consecutive losses to the Netherlands and Canada, respectively.
After Virat Kohli won the toss and opted to field at the Kia Oval in South London, many fans and experts alike wondered if Pakistan would actually last the whole 50 overs and present the mighty Indian batting line-up a formidable challenge. The hype around this game was also magnified by a paucity of matches between the two teams in the past 10 years, a result of political tensions.
I feel that a tournament like this should end the debate about the future of ODI cricket. You know, we knew the caliber of players we had.
"I dedicate this victory to my mother who always fasts whenever I am playing", said Hasan after the victory. "We all know their struggles of not getting any worldwide cricket back home", Gilchrist told reporters in New Delhi.
- Ronaldo interested in Man Utd move
- Pilots, Congress weigh on Trump's plan to privatize air traffic control
- Simona Halep won's have an easy time getting over this loss
- Candidates in tight Georgia race make final bid for votes
- What We Know About The Senate Republican Health Care Bill
- India sweep aside insipid South Africa to reach Champions Trophy semi-finals
- Northam wins Democratic nomination for governor
- So it begins: Britain kicks off Brexit negotiations with EU
- Arthur hopeful of World XI visit to Pakistan after Champions Trophy triumph
- Oil prices dip on further rise in USA drilling, demand slowdown