Harmanpreet (13th and 33rd minutes), Talwinder (21st and 24th) and Akashdeep Singh (47th and 58th) ripped apart Pakistan's defence. Prior to that India had won two consecutive games in 2015 and 2014.
It was very frustrating for the Pakistan players as they missed chances early in the first quarter.
In the 42nd minute, Pakistan went into the lead for the first time in the tournament. The 30-year-old from Vancouver converted on a penalty stroke in the final minute of the first half after Brenden Bissett was taken down in the circle by the Dutch 'keeper. "We will not be found wanting when we go into game against India", said Khawaja Junaid, former global and coach of the Pakistan team, who concedes that the big loss to Canada was tragic.
In the third quarter, India won another PC and Harmanpreet found the net once again to put India 4-0 ahead. The team went on to double the lead in the second quarter with Talwinder finding the net. Combining well with Ramandeep Singh and Satbir Singh, it was nippy striker Talwinder who then led the Indian surge with two successive strikes in the space of four minutes. But Akashdeep, a minute later scored his second goal of the match.
However, despite losing 7-1 to India in a match at the Hockey World League Semifinals in London, it is fair to say that it was Pakistan that had the final laugh thanks to their exemplary performance in the ICC Champions Trophy final. India's goal fest continued with Akashdeep taking India's score to 7-1 in the 59th minute to walk away with the winning points.
DESIblitz congratulates India on this fantastic win against Pakistan and wishes them all the best for the future.
The Indian team, that thrashed Pakistan 7-1, walked on to the Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Stadium wearing black arm bands. As sportsmen, the Indian hockey teams have always shown solidarity and compassion towards the Indian army and have often dedicated their victories to them.
In a recent attack, six police officers and a soldier were killed by militants in Jammu and Kashmir.
In the match against Scotland, India twice added a goal within a couple of minutes of scoring one.
- Boxer Andre Ward Stops Russia's Sergei Kovalev In Eighth Round
- Could there be a bidding war for Whole Foods?
- India scored some great goals against Pakistan: Roelant Oltmans
- Ronaldo wants Manchester United return
- Watch Third Round From Erin Hills Online
- Uber chief business officer to leave company amid turmoil
- Retailers quaking as Amazon embraces bricks and mortar
- Virat Kohli named in Team of Champions Trophy, Pakistan's Sarfraz Ahmed skipper
- Whole Foods CEO calls deal with Amazon 'whirlwind courtship'
- Whole Foods CEO hints at another brand under Amazon