One of the greatest rivalries went head to head for their 168th meeting.
Like India, The Netherlands also have a maximum six points after two matches after they overcame a stern challenge from Scotland. We have shown India and the Kapoors that Pakistan was born on August 14 and hence, the Father's Day belongs to us. "For the participation of Indian team in the Hockey World League, preparation camps were held at Sports Authority of India (SAI) Southern Centre, Bengaluru and the entire cost was borne by the Sports Ministry".
This was followed by the national anthem for India, Jana Gana Mana. The south Asian nation claimed their third ICC tournament, having earlier won the 50-over World Cup in 1992 and the World Twenty20 in 2009.
Apart from the brace from Akashdeep Singh, Harmanpreet Singh and Talwinder Singh also scored braces for their side.
Sunday had everyone glued to the screens to witness the thrilling match between India and Pakistan.
According to The Indian Express, He said: "Pakistan proved who the real Father was on the Father's Day Baap baap hota hai aur paap paap hota hai".
It was a long time since India had dismantled Pakistan with such ease during a hockey encounter.
In the absence of key players like Rupinderpal Singh, India's young backline, led by Harmanpreet Singh, has displayed gritty performances and conceded just two goals. India did not relent and made it 5-0, with forward Akashdeep getting himself on the scorer's list courtesy a sublime pass from Sardar Singh. The lone goal for Pakistan came through Umar Bhutta three minutes from the hooter when the contest was already lost. The way they did the build-up play through the back and midfield unsettled Pakistan and the latter ran out of patience.
Then, before half-time, Dundonian Gavin Byers shot over when he was one-on-one with the Pakistan goalkeeper then Alan Forsyth (Surbiton), the top scorer in England last season, had a chance but fired the ball straight at the Pakistan goalkeeper from a narrow angle on the right.
"It was a disappointment".
"It was a very good win for us not because it was against Pakistan but because we did well in the areas that had concerned us", Manpreet said after the game against Pakistan.
- In spite of tweet, lawyer says Trump not under investigation
- Davidson: SNP must scrap plans for second indyref
- Supreme Court to hear partisan gerrymandering case
- Supreme Court puts hold on redrawing WI districts
- IOS 11 won't support iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, and fourth-gen iPad
- Williamson 12th man in Trophy team
- UFC stars excited about McGregor vs Mayweather fight
- Amit Shah to meet 'opposing' ally Uddhav Thackeray
- Kevin Durant says Warriors 'work extremely well together,' but aren't a superteam
- Contractor mistakenly exposes 200M voters in GOP database