This autumn will see the release of Apple's iOS 11 mobile operating system, but it will not be available on the iPhone 5 and 5C or the iPad 4. Do keep in mind that this is an early software build, so we wouldn't recommend running it on your Mac or iMac that you are using every day.
So, let's talk about the key iOS 11 highlights.
More fundamentally, iOS 11 also gives us the Files app. It also acts as an app switcher: dragging the app icon from the dock to the screen will open it next to the app that is now open.
After being relatively ignored for the last couple years, Apple has finally shown the iPad some love in iOS 11. In this update, Apple has revealed a new mode which will help users while driving. Apple's screen recording feature in iOS 11 is configured in a way that you could capture snaps via screen recording and that person who posted the clip will not receive a notification.
iOS 11 will only work on 64-bit devices, meaning that older Apple products will be rendered them obsolete.
While Microsoft's support for the first-party file management app in iOS may have some questioning the future of the OneDrive app for iOS, Microsoft's app does include additional features such as scanning, powered by Office Lens, and camera upload.
Previewed this week at Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in San Jose, iOS 11 will support new features for augmented reality apps, a smarter and more language-savvy Siri digital assistant, expanded payment options through Apple Pay, and more.
You can also get to the option by going to Settings, and tapping on iTunes & App Stores.
Elsewhere, the latest iterations of the iPad Pro were announced with the main news being that consumers can get the device in 10.5 inch or 12.9 inch form. Apple said the speaker sound from the HomePod is of high quality and is also able to create virtual surround sound.
This new tool provides you with recommendations to manage storage on iOS 11, based on how you use your device.
- Ward demands pound-for-pound recognition after Kovalev stoppage
- Ramnath Kovind: NDA's Face Of Presidential Elections
- Team Halep on regrouping after tough loss in Roland Garros final
- Mother of 4 killed by officers was wielding knife
- Davidson: SNP must scrap plans for second indyref
- Moment of silence for London fire victims
- Pakistan win Champions Trophy
- UFC stars excited about McGregor vs Mayweather fight
- Murray Downs Nishikori to set up Wawrinka Showdown
- Texas governor signs texting-while-driving ban into law