"Somebody asked me about (going to the White House) a couple of months ago, like a hypothetical, if the championship were to happen would I do it and I think I answered "I wouldn't go".
Speaking with ESPN's Zach Lowe on his "Lowe Post" podcast, Kerr said he knows how fortunate he is to coach "a group of players this talented who are together in their primes". Their first shot made was a strong resemblance of what the night revolved around: three pointers.
Durant averaged 35 points, eight rebounds and five assists per game, but the impressive part is he did it shooting 56 percent from the field.
"I can remember that conversation on my sofa, the look in his eyes", Wanda Durant said.
The two playmakers were dynamic at times, but Cleveland's lack of depth ultimately sunk their attempt to repeat as champions. "And we did it together".
LeBron James was remarkable in defeat, however.
Draymond Green #23 of the Golden State Warriors and LeBron James #23 of the Cleveland Cavaliers fall to the floor during the first half in Game 5 of the 2017 NBA Finals at ORACLE Arena on June 12, 2017 in Oakland, California.
But in the end, the 32-year old couldn't corral back-to-back championships. "And I know he wants to be here and we want him here".
When James returned to the Cavs in 2014, he would reach the Finals again but fell to the Warriors.
Three seasons, three Finals, one championship, and a whole bunch of history later, James is nearing a crossroads, maybe the last crossroads of his illustrious, 14-year career which he's said he intends on finishing in Cleveland.
The Cavaliers held a 37-33 advantage after one quarter, but the Warriors stormed back in the second quarter, taking a 71-60 lead at the half. We're just trying to celebrate and enjoy everything. "We had that huge run in the second quarter, which changed everything". Kevin Durant produced another 30 plus point game, Steph Curry put up his usual 20 plus points after a Game four slump in Cleveland and Klay Thompson provided great defense.
Through Game 4, and with minor lifts from streaming, the Finals had been averaging 19.8 million viewers.
- Kane silences Scotland's celebration with late leveller
- NHL Notes: Penguins remain upbeat despite going winless in Nashville
- What the Amazon-Whole Foods Deal Means for Your Grocery Bill
- Jelena Ostapenko prevails over 11th seed Caroline Wozniacki
- French Open Day 10: Ostapenko, Bacsinszky set up battle of the birthdays
- In Georgia, costliest US House race hits ugly note as election looms
- Play ball! GOP, Dems to battle as 1
- Warriors-Cavaliers generate highest ratings for Finals series since Michael Jordan era
- Louisiana House budget offer panned by Senate
- Here's What We Know About Finsbury Park Terror Attack Suspect Darren Osborne