Her haul came at the Australian Open.
The 31-year-old Spaniard has coasted into a 10th French Open final without dropping a set.
'Sorry to all the great fans in Britain and to the tournament organisers. I guess it is not so bad, but it really depends on how you view his situation.
"Today was a very important day for me".
"I had tough times previous year so it's great to have big success again".
The Swiss had never lost a final at a major, while Nadal has not lost in 10 Roland Garros finals.
"It's something very, very special and unique".
Nadal's desolation then was in stark contrast to the joy he showed here at the moment of victory, lying flat on his back in customary fashion to celebrate a remarkable achievement. And since his latest Roland Garros victory now takes his Grand Slam tally to 15 - just three short of rival Roger Federer - Rafa is certainly on course to be declared the Greatest Of All Time. He entered the final on an 11-match winning streak following his title in Geneva.
Nadal plays this way because he's at his best when he's flinging his racket all over the court, swatting back unbelievable shots that only a few other players in the world can make.
Andy Murray, the reigning champion, has the second best odds, followed by Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic. "Finally, I can play tournaments again. I like to think of myself as being pretty good at anticipating".
"But the thing that I am more proud of in my career probably is 2013".
"Winning these kind of titles, then you have chances to become any number on the ranking".
"I had too many problems on my knee, so I was not able to practise at all".
Nadal, 31, announced on Tuesday that after consulting with his team and doctors, he will be missing the Queen's grass event next week, one of the two main warm-ups before Wimbledon. In his 39 matches, the Spaniard lost only 10 sets.
"It's true that after 2012 what happened with my knees has made it tougher for me to compete on grass".
He said that he was sad to take the decision as everytime he had reached the Wimbledon final was when he had played at the Queens.
- McGregor contractually barred from using MMA moves on Mayweather
- Mohammad Hafeez: Champions Trophy triumph is for all of Pakistan
- Doctors: Scalise in critical condition but they are 'encouraged' by his improvement
- India beat Pakistan 7-1 HWL Semi-Final
- Sarfraz hopes Champions Trophy win will bring global cricket to Pak
- Warriors rally late to put LeBron and Cavaliers in 3-0 hole
- Golfers seem to give good reviews to US Open at Erin Hills
- Tapwrit triumphs in Belmont Stakes
- Whole Foods CEO calls deal with Amazon 'whirlwind courtship'
- Trump Helps GOP Get a 'Handle' on Tuesday's Special Elections