Real Madrid turned down the opportunity to sign goalkeeper David de Gea from Manchester United last summer, club president Florentino Perez claimed, while playing down the possibility of bidding for the Spain worldwide again.
August 2013 - The former Madrid boss aims another barb at his former player - claiming he is not the "real" Ronaldo.
It is understood that Ronaldo would consider offers only from European clubs, with a hint that he has unfinished business at United. According to reports from his agent, Ronaldo is furious over the allegations that he committed tax fraud in Spain.
"The sheikh of PSG is friend of mine and has not called me, I have not spoken with him or with anyone".
Cristiano Ronaldo has done remarkable things since being sold to Real Madrid by Manchester United in 2009, winning just about every individual award and team title. I found out about what happened in a newspaper. I know Cristiano; he's a great guy and a professional.
Mourinho knows Ronaldo could score the goals that might help win United the Premier League, but would he be prepared to put up with the media circus that would accompany the four-time Ballon d'Or victor, and would he accept being second billing to one of his players?
La Liga president Javier Tebas has "no doubt" that Cristiano Ronaldo is "innocent" of tax evasion; he knows the damage to the Spanish game if Ronaldo leaves.
His representatives Gestifute have denied the accusation, while his club has said it is "absolutely convinced that our player... will prove his total innocence in this process".
Perez added: 'I will always defend Cristiano as a person and as a footballer.
- India beat Pakistan 7-1 HWL Semi-Final
- McGregor contractually barred from using MMA moves on Mayweather
- Sarfraz hopes Champions Trophy win will bring global cricket to Pak
- Uber chief business officer to leave company amid turmoil
- NBA Finals, Game 3: Warriors 118, Cavaliers 113 (final)
- Boxer Andre Ward Stops Russia's Sergei Kovalev In Eighth Round
- Tapwrit triumphs in Belmont Stakes
- Virat Kohli named in Team of Champions Trophy, Pakistan's Sarfraz Ahmed skipper
- Britain says will be 'positive and constructive' in Brexit talks
- Watch Third Round From Erin Hills Online