"We have not received an invitation to the White House, but will make those decisions when and if necessary", the Warriors' statement read. "But like I said, we'll all figure something out". "That was far from the truth".
He was the first player since Shaquille O'Neal in 2000 to score 30 or more points in five-straight finals games. The Cavaliers are also a Super Team now, teaming James up with Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson.
Durant said the Rihanna dustup - Durant appeared to stare her down after he hit a late three-pointer in Game 1 - was a personal highlight during the Finals.
Stories flutter away with time, success is etched in eternity.
While the Warriors haven't formally met to discuss whether they will visit President Donald Trump's White House as is customary for championship teams, Curry said his mind hasn't changed from when he was asked earlier this year about the possibility.
Curry, Kevin Durant and their teammates are determined to build a dynasty together - and they might just be well on their way.
The Warriors look like they could be that kind of team.
There will be people this offseason that try to claim that LeBron didn't do enough for his team, that now that he's 3-5 for his career in The Finals, and that he will never be as great as Jordan.
Durant was already one of the greatest players in National Basketball Association history before his move to the Warriors after collecting the scoring title four times and picking up MVPs honors in 2014. "You can talk about whatever happens on the outside, but inside those lines, I come to bring it every day", Durant said.
He walked away from a city, shoot, an entire state that treasured him, and a franchise committed and close to winning a title, to join an all-star team nearly guaranteed a championship.
But James won't really know how the Cavs stack up against the Warriors until they play each other in the 2018 Finals, assuming both franchises are lucky enough to avoid the injuries that could derail them.
"It's different just because of what happened previous year to be honest", Curry said.
- Steve Scalise remains in critical condition, undergoes third surgery
- Oil prices dip on further rise in USA drilling, demand slowdown
- SNP hold North Ayrshire as election ends in hung parliament
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- India sweep aside insipid South Africa to reach Champions Trophy semi-finals
- Pakistan played 'perfect game' in ICC Champions Trophy win: Adam Gilchrist
- OnePlus 5 showed up in a television ad for a few seconds
- Here's What We Know About Finsbury Park Terror Attack Suspect Darren Osborne
- Rep. Barbara Lee Slams President Trump's Backwards Decision on Cuba
- Pilots, Congress weigh on Trump's plan to privatize air traffic control